Esteemed Contributor

I think the Seashells are beautiful.  It's great that the WPA Stamp will educate and remind people of this nation and how she is so very resilient when things are down and out. 

The JFK STAMP again?  It was out in the 1960's. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Regular Contributor

Yes, my understanding is what ever cost I pay for the FOREVER stamp it is good forever even if prices go up..............so I just bought a few weeks ago lots of FOREVER stamps to have around and I got Kennedy, LOVE, Flowers and a Jewish Stamp.  LOVE THEM.  I won't have to buy for a long time.

Honored Contributor

I probably use 250 stamps a year, mailing out bills, and numerous cards.  This month I mailed 17 items; 2 birthday cards, 2 sympathy cards, a note of encouragement, and 12 bills.   I buy 100 stamps at a time, usually from my local post office where the clerk knows my name, and the stamps I prefer.    

I have no complaint whatsoever about postal rates, and always contribute to their food drive in early May.   

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I'll bet you guys didn't know that it actually went DOWN several months ago.

The price of mailing a letter will fall for the first time in nearly a century this Sunday.

And the U.S. Postal Service, which was ordered to cut the price by its regulator, is not happy about that.

USPS said the decline in the cost of a postage stamp, from 49 cents to 47 cents, will cost it $2 billion this year, and make it more difficult for it to compete and provide the service its customers demand.

I figured it wouldn't last.  Probably like so many things, a mismanagement of money!  

If you Google "usps prefunding retirement," you can read about what's causing the shortfall. I won't say anything more because it could quickly become p*******l.