Esteemed Contributor

@Zernia Rose

I totally agree that our postage costs are very reasonable --- and the people who work for the Post Office do a GREAT JOB - with little recognition.

Honored Contributor

Re: Forever Stamp

[ Edited ]

In numerous  posts people on this board will go on & on about how they can afford only real leather and only real 18k gold or only real granite and SS appliances  $50 for a t shirt is perfectly normal etc etc etc ......

But let the cost of a postage stamp go up 2 cents(literally 2 cents) and it is a national disaster. 

SHEESH.

Honored Contributor

Forever stamp is great.  I've had the same book of forever stamps for many years.  I usually only mail something a few times a year. Cost is a bargain even if mailing a lot.   

Honored Contributor

I heard it went back up to 49 cent cost.

Honored Contributor

@Pearleementioned the JFK stamp that was released recently.

jfk stamo.jpg

i could not find it in the post office that i frequent, but it is probably sold out at that office.

i DID manage to get the WPA POSTERS stamps though.

wpa stamps.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Sorry Pearly......

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't even know what a stamp costs anymore but I would totally agree that at around 50 cents, plus or minus, that's a pretty good price to send a one ounce piece of mail clear across the country.

I use about 3 stamps a year now - a father's day card to my father, a birthday card to him, and a christmas card to him.     So I always have enough on hand.    Somebody mentioned buying 100 at a time (good plan!) but for somebody like me that would last well beyond the rest of my life.  Smiley Happy

I also think that the 'Forever stamp' concept is very good.   I think I still have some one-cent stamps around the house somewhere from the past.   

Honored Contributor

I think it's a bargain getting mail  to some place. I actually mail cards, and pay bills using stamps.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Forever Stamp

[ Edited ]

It's amazing that someone would deliver a letter for you...anywhere...for such a tiny amount. When you think about it, it's a fantastic bargain.

Trusted Contributor

@missy1 and @Daisy Sunflower, I agree it is a bargain.  One, that I appreciate.