Respected Contributor

Forced banking online, or by appointment only

I'm going nuts. I hate doing any banking business these days. It's become one of my most unpleasant tasks, particularly if you need to see a real life banker. They're scarce. 

You have to set up appointments online. And, it's like -- there's a day available -- tenth Friday in a leap year. 'Take your business online,' is their constant redirection. Yeah, easier for them!

They make it unpleasant, while repeatedly pushing us into the 'unsafe' zone.These are all banks where I could actually walk in, sign in, be greeted warmly and see a banker, usually in less than 20 minutes time. Yeah, the good-old-days. 

In contrast, today, I got locked out of an online account for any changes for 5 days because I called to add my cell number, which was surprisingly not there in the first place. Argh!

Maybe it's just me, but with so many bank sites closing, this is going to be common practice. Not to mention the banks that have been in trouble. Yeah, I'm sure they've got my back ...Lol.

Sorry, just had to purge frustration. Just go on by, I feel better, already. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Forced banking online, or by appointment only

I haven’t been inside a bank in years.
Honored Contributor

Makes me glad I'm in a small town where I can still walk into any bank.

Honored Contributor

I have online access to my main bank but I go to it and a few other banks I use, quite often. No shame in actually going to your bank.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@BlueFinch you are not alone. This is happening everywhere. Much cheaper without live hummus bodies.

We can't stand it, it definitely is the wave of the future.

Comes down to take it or leave it.

Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch 

Sounds like Bank of America heaven forbid you need something & go into bank...no tellers, no platform people available.

YET the guy at the door says "let me show you how to use ATM or our online banking system".

They have 1 teller line out the door no matter what time and worse hours are limited and only 2 branches within 25 miles all the rest closed (oh and no drive ups).

that's my rant for the day -- I'm with ya on this one!  (Banks are all like this so no sense changing now)

Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch 

While my Bank has been fantastic, even during the Pandemic they opened the Lobby for a couple hours---a rareity....of course everyone employees and customer wore masks, they had plenty of sanitizer on hand, and kept the appropriate distantce.....

BUT some of my friends that bank with other banks have the same issues as you or worse, and have complained bitterly, even though our COVID numbers are considered very low (in the 60's for the entire week)....its strictly ONLINE banking, Lobby not open, no appointments to talk to someone in person....just awful!!!  SMH!!!  Its okay to vent!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I agree, most banks seem to be transitioning to very little personal contact.   

Respected Contributor

Regions is alive and well.....online or inside the bank.

Honored Contributor

What has me aggravated us that Bank of America has closed all their drive in windows at branches in my area so now you must go inside and stand in line. I've been their customer since 1982 but I'm ready to go elsewhere.  Their ATMs are in unsafe locations.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment