Respected Contributor

Re: For Me, It's Not the 4th Until I See This Movie

Yes! LOVE when he dances down the steps at the WH. The ending always makes me a little misty.

Super Contributor

For me, it's Jaws. It took place on the 4th of July weekend in the movie. My daughter says I am obsessed with the movie, LOL!

Honored Contributor

For me, it's Independence Day!

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor

I've actually never seen it...and it doesn't seem to be one that I would like. Now Jaws on the other hand I loved and could watch it over and over!!!!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Super Contributor

That was his favorite movie........James loved to sing and dance and got so tired of the mean boy attitude......he was happiest doing musicals.......sadly they never gave him enough musicals......but he was a great bad man too.........

Respected Contributor

On 7/5/2014 just bee said:

This was the first Independence Day that I didn't watch 1776. I better watch it today...

I tried to watch some of this (first time , never saw/heard of it before). I thought it was one of the worst things ever. It was like an 8th grade play.
Valued Contributor

the ""star Bangled Banner"" -------Jimi Hendricks-------The ""star Spangled Banner"" ----Madison Rising
Honored Contributor

Love that movie. You can't get much more Americana than ""Yankee Doodle Dandy"". I love to watch James Cagney dance! They had a concert at the nursing home where my dad is and it was so great to see the residents faces light up and sing along with ""their"" songs. Several weeks ago my dad was tappin to ""Boogy Woogy Bugle Boys of Company B! He will soon be 86 but he still has rhythm going on.

Super Contributor

I agree completely a great movie!!! Have always loved Cagney!!!
Honored Contributor

On 7/5/2014 VanSleepy said:
On 7/5/2014 just bee said:

This was the first Independence Day that I didn't watch <em>1776</em>. I better watch it today...

I tried to watch some of this (first time , never saw/heard of it before). I thought it was one of the worst things ever. It was like an 8th grade play.

The first time I saw it I thought it was the worst thing I'd ever seen, too. Then it grew on me. I finally had the opportunity to see it onstage a couple years ago -- fabulous.

Have a few drinks and give it another shot!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~