Respected Contributor

For Anyone Interested In UPS Shipping

When you're on the check out page just look where the shipping info is.  There will be an edit red arrow.  It's very small so you have to do a bit of looking. 

Click on the red arrow and a drop down menu comes down with three choices.  The first choice is the one that is the defaulted one.  The 3.50 method.  This one has the lowest priority. 

I choose the SECOND one.  That is UPS and NO usps.  I get my stuff in two days.

Yes, it's gonna be on your dime and mine but I don't want to have to baby sit my orders.  I pay extra for shipping and it's worth not waiting weeks and not even getting what I paid for, then I have to call customer service and wait an hour for a rep.  No thanks.  I'll pay the extra.  It's really up to the individual.  I saw a post, well many posts asking about this so I thought every one should enjoy this if they wish.

Super Contributor

Re: For Anyone Interested In UPS Shipping

Great advice!  Through UPS, I was able to pay $19.95 fee for a year - it's for their upgraded service.  Like you, I no longer babysit my orders and hope things don't get lost between the old UPS to USPS hand off.  Q needs to do away with using USPS and stick with UPS only. 

Regular Contributor

@LovemesomeQ1979   Can you please elaborate on what services you get from UPS for your $19.95 fee you pay?  I will assume that is a yearly fee.  

Honored Contributor

My last Express shipping, second choice, took 5 days.

Decided to give this a try again to see cost and expected delivery date.  Today is 5/14

Default shipping on this item is $5.50, expected delivery 5/21, 7 days.  UPS My Choice Plus $19/yr - delivery 5/19, 5 days.

Express shipping $12.72, expected delivery 5/18, 4 days.  $7.22 more than default.

Premium shipping $19.72, expected delivery 5/17. 3 days.  $14.22 more than default.  

Default - 7 days

UPS My Choice Plus - 5 days

Express - 4 days

Premium - 3 days  

Paying around $7 extra, Express shipping, for every QVC order could get very expensive compared to UPS My Choice Plus at $19 a year for one day difference.  

Honored Contributor

Just remember that any of those expedited services is for shipping time only.

It doesn't speed up the processing time here at QVC.

Respected Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

When you're on the check out page just look where the shipping info is.  There will be an edit red arrow.  It's very small so you have to do a bit of looking. 

Click on the red arrow and a drop down menu comes down with three choices.  The first choice is the one that is the defaulted one.  The 3.50 method.  This one has the lowest priority. 

I choose the SECOND one.  That is UPS and NO usps.  I get my stuff in two days.

Yes, it's gonna be on your dime and mine but I don't want to have to baby sit my orders.  I pay extra for shipping and it's worth not waiting weeks and not even getting what I paid for, then I have to call customer service and wait an hour for a rep.  No thanks.  I'll pay the extra.  It's really up to the individual.  I saw a post, well many posts asking about this so I thought every one should enjoy this if they wish.

@77yangya   I looked just to see what you were talking about.  After clicking the red arrow, the only options I saw were Standard Delivery, Premium Delivery or Express Delivery.  No where did it state anything about UPS or USPS (no mention of UPS or USPS).

On a regular shipping charge of $3.50, I would have had  to pay $13.47 or $20.47 for Premium or Express Delivery options respectively.  I would never pay $9.97 or  $16.97 more to get an item a few days earlier than the normal delivery.   But then again I don't baby sit the delivery on the items I order to begin with.

Super Contributor

@DancinQueen  It's the UPS my choice ... premium membership.  You're correct, it's a yearly fee.  Sorry, I wasn't more clear.  As much as I order from Q, this saves me a ton of money instead of paying the separate fee to upgrade each package.

Honored Contributor

I paid for the UPS My Choice Plus and can't see that it makes one bit of difference.  Most of my packages seem to be a single garment which is too lightweight to be in the category that is covered so they're still delivered by USPS. If I have 2 or more packages, UPS always delivers them anyway without My Choice.  I wish I had my $19. back. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I don't have a real problem with USPS shipping, I don't babysit them, I just wait for them to come.  They are clothes or something I'm not having a crisis over, so it it is 3 days or 7 it's all the same to me. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I paid for the UPS My Choice Plus and can't see that it makes one bit of difference.  Most of my packages seem to be a single garment which is too lightweight to be in the category that is covered so they're still delivered by USPS. If I have 2 or more packages, UPS always delivers them anyway without My Choice.  I wish I had my $19. back. 

@Kachina624 

I've had the UPS My Choice Plus for a few years now, and it has definitely made a difference for me.  I'm not just looking at QVC orders, but everything I order online, which at this point is a lot of stuff. 

I'm not sure if it might differ as to what part of the country you live in - I'm on the Gulf Coast, and you live out west if I remember correctly. 

Once in a while I have a package that can't be upgraded.  I get an email notifying me that it can't be upgraded, and it has something to do with the sender.  This happens once in a great while.  BTW most of my QVC orders are a single garment just like yours.

I'm sorry that it hasn't worked for you!  It reallly must have something to do with your local UPS hub (or your local USPS).

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett