Honored Contributor

For $1000 the Halo doesn’t do much

[ Edited ]

The Halo TSV doesn't really get much charging juice for the price. There's a chart on the website which says how long it can keep different items working. It's got some juice for either a wireless router, and a CPAP machine, one led lamp, a coffee maker, a 32" TV and a compact refrigerator. For most other needs it really falls short. You only get about 7 hours for your full size fridge, 2 hours and 30 minutes for a window AC unit, and 1.5 hours for a space heater. If it wasn't $1000, buying five of them would be helpful. You could save your food or cool off for most of two nights sleep. 

This would be handy to use with an electric drill if you don't want to use a cordless drill. It's portable and you can take it where you need the power. It can also charge your devices. You can make coffee with a drip coffee maker while you are camping. You can inflate an inflatable mattress when camping. You can hook a CD player to a small TV and watch a movie. 

This item is called the Halo 1000 Portable Power Station. E235474.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: For $1000 the Halo doesn’t do much

$1000?

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D $1,000???? For that money I want it to start my car, do my laundry and make my dinner. Geez.

Honored Contributor

E235474

This is not the Halo Bolt.  It's a 1000 WHours power station.  They like to pretend it's a generator.  You can get equivalents on Amazon in the $600-$700 range.  You can also get solar panels for it.  It won't even run my emergency garage heater.  They're only for lower wattage stuff, so your Air Fryer won't run on it either. 

Honored Contributor

I posted about it when it was a TSV.

I didn't see anywhere at the time...nor did they mention you could plug in a heater.

Heaters require a lot of electricity...I mean a lot.

I could be wrong, but I didn't see it posted where you can plug in a heater.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 @The chart in the product description says you can use a 725 Watt Window Space Heater for one hour and thirty five minutes.

Honored Contributor

OK well thanks.  So you can be warm for about 1 hour and 35 minutes!

That's not worth the trouble.  I think I'll keep my kerosene heater handy.

Thank goodness I didn't have to use it last winter.

It isn't fun living in an all electric house.  The house is 3,000 sq feet, not including the 2 car garage.

I doubt that $1,000 battery would do the trick.

I definitely don't want to spend time with no electricity like I did a few Winters ago.

My electric company sells a whole house generator.  Bad sign...they didn't post the cost.😆

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think this is a model that was previously offered.  I think it is new.  It seems to have more power.  It has 3 outlets, among other things.

The old one online had 403.1Wh battery; the TSV has a 1,000Wh battery.  I have not compared to others on Amazon.

For me, I can't use a generator or solar power, so it offers something that is useful.

I would not plug in a full fridge, but in an emergency, it can recharge phones, plug a fan or heater, plug a computer, etc..

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NYCLatinaMe @If you store insulin, it could come in handy until you can get ice and store it in an ice chest. It would be good to keep the insulin cold while you make other arrangements to store it.