Respected Contributor

Re: Foods that you miss that are no longer being made

@sunshine45  Oh yum.  I remember going there for all you can eat fried clams & cole slaw.   

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Respected Contributor

I remember the lemon Bundt cake mix with the lemon curd tunnel within. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

@luvzchiz wrote:

I remember the lemon Bundt cake mix with the lemon curd tunnel within. 

There used to be one that was chocolate cake with coconut in the middle.  I loved that one.   I think I would have liked the lemon one too, had I seen it.

Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland  Thanks.  No World Markets where I live.  I also checked Amazon.  They want to much $$$ for just 4 bottles!  No thanks.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Frequent Contributor

Back in the 60's I guess, when my parents had dinner parties, my mom always bought  this stocky tin of hard candies,, They were pastel colors and had like a fine white dusty coating. You had to take the lid off like a paint can lid. She also had these pastel candies in a bag that were kind of melt away candies, size of a quarter. Only bought them for parties. i remember getting the leftover ones the next morning.

Frequent Contributor

Bonomo turkish taffy was great. Uh oh Bononmo!

Frequent Contributor

Loved the Royal lunch crackers in the purple box! I can see my dad crumbling them into his soup!

Frequent Contributor

Pudding, pudding Shake a Pudding?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

In the 1950-60's our housekeeper would fix a delicious Brown Bread with baked beans. My sister thinks the Brown Bread came in a can!! IDK since it was always served on a platter. Does anyone have a clue what I'm trying to remember? If so, what was the name and is it still available anywhere?

ETA: This was something "Lois" would fix for kids apparently. As an adult I used to asked mom about the Brown Bread and she didn't have any idea what I was talking about. It must have been for lunches during the holidays or school breaks. I really don't remember. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BirkiLady wrote:

In the 1950-60's our housekeeper would fix a delicious Brown Bread with baked beans. My sister thinks the Brown Bread came in a can!! IDK since it was always served on a platter. Does anyone have a clue what I'm trying to remember? If so, what was the name and is it still available anywhere?

Boston Brown Bread. My grandmother made it back in the 50’s and 60’s. It also came in a can @BirkiLady 

It is still available on Amazon and Vermont Country Store.