Esteemed Contributor

I'm checking the HTML on that @dooBdoo . I did make a size change while posting and it should have applied to the whole thing.

My apologies to @Anonymous032819  and you if it only enlarged part of that post. 

Thanks for catching it.

. . .

That post (my message 28) is wrong.

Looks like the first paragraph is still in default which looks like a size 3 on my tablet. I won't edit to correct it because the rest of these posts won't make sense.

Here it is first and second paragraph on #4.

I used to experiment posting with different font families, and when you have paragraphs to compare it really stands out. This is family Batang.

Its also about how compressed a font is. I could write the same sentence and one would fit on one line, another font needed a line and a half. Family MS PMincho.

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@x Hedge 

I didn't change it this time.   Is it the same ??

I've tried changing it under 'edit my preferences' and it still looks small

@Bridgegal 

Your 1st post font looks bigger to me. I like 5 because I tend to type long posts, and it easier for me to see what I have typed.

If there is a way to keep my typed posts automatically at 5 each time I reply to a post?  I don't know what that might be. Anyone?

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

Here's another one where the appearance of font size is quite different, although they're both written in the default font size.

This is the Andale Mono. There is a lot of space between letters.

And this is in Tahoma, which appears to be a lot smaller to me.

It's the same default size and personally, I see Art deco arches in this font. Hmmm...

@x Hedge,

The Andale Mono looks very different on my iPad vs. the Mac, but the Tahoma looks the same on both of them.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

I'm checking the HTML on that @dooBdoo . I did make a size change while posting and it should have applied to the whole thing.

My apologies to @Anonymous032819  and you if it only enlarged part of that post. 

Thanks for catching it.

That's kind of you, @x Hedge.  Certainly no apology needed, though -- I thought I was seeing a difference in translation on my old Mac.  

Power went out here, then back on, so I'll run along until I figure out what's going on here.🙀🤔

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@Desertdi 

Thanks but I don't have a 'join the Facebook' banner.

@Bridgegal    I didn't suggest that...(I don't belong to Facebook either)      I only mentioned the LINE ABOVE the Facebook BANNER........but your computer is probably configured differently.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo 

YOu come through again.   That makes so much sense now.  Great explanation; thank you.   I'll just type and know that it may be tiny to some but I have no control over that.

Maybe QVC could spend some money updating their system so that we can set the size we want.  HA.  Like that's going to happen.

Thanks again.