Esteemed Contributor

Flu Rampant, No Beds Available At Hospital.

My sister went to ER Sunday around noon.  Not for the flu.  She is still in ER area because there are no beds available upstairs on the floors.  Yesterday they finally took her off the gurney and put her in a single room/w bathroom off the ER department.  

She was to go "upstairs" last evening but she hasn't been moved yet.  I guess the place is up to their eyeballs in flu cases. This is a 224 bed hospital.

People are being told not to go to the  hospital unless they absolutely have too.

I think she will be in until Wednesday or Thursday.  I don't know of she'll get a real room or not.

She said it's very quiet where she is and the nurses come from upstairs to tend to her. Truthfully, it sounds like staying where she is might be better. Stay away from the sick ones on the floors upstairs.

I haven't heard of any cases in my neck of the woods.  Hope it stays that way.

Respected Contributor

Re: Flu Rampant, No Beds Available At Hospital.

I hope you sister gets well quickly.

Esteemed Contributor

@hennypenny  Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

I hope your sister is feeling better soon. And I really hope she doesn't end up getting the flu.

Respected Contributor

3 months ago my DD's fiance hurt his back so into the ER she calls me saying Mom so many in ER vomiting giving out the bags with flu. Where she works gives out free flu shots but not her getting one, we talk round & round get it now she got scared. She didn't get the flu but the ER was packed 3 months ago. Guess it is even worse now. 

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

My sister went to ER Sunday around noon.  Not for the flu.  She is still in ER area because there are no beds available upstairs on the floors.  Yesterday they finally took her off the gurney and put her in a single room/w bathroom off the ER department.  

She was to go "upstairs" last evening but she hasn't been moved yet.  I guess the place is up to their eyeballs in flu cases. This is a 224 bed hospital.

People are being told not to go to the  hospital unless they absolutely have too.

I think she will be in until Wednesday or Thursday.  I don't know of she'll get a real room or not.

She said it's very quiet where she is and the nurses come from upstairs to tend to her. Truthfully, it sounds like staying where she is might be better. Stay away from the sick ones on the floors upstairs.

I haven't heard of any cases in my neck of the woods.  Hope it stays that way.

@CrazyKittyLvr2  ~ Prayers your sister will be home by Wednesday or Thursday.  I think it's a good idea for her to stay at her present location also.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2  Bless her heart! This must be distressing for you, and I can only imagine how she must be feeling. Hopefully, a bed will become available soon, so that she can get the proper care and privacy she deserves. I have the utmost respect for healthcare workers, but they are facing many challenges this particular flu season.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

Hope they get some answers for you sister, no one ever wants this, just long stressful day. Hope it all works out. Try to get some rest when you get home. You are probably too upset now. sending a prayer

Honored Contributor

Map from CDCDC43C387-4334-451E-B267-1859E632849A.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Prayers for your sister.