Esteemed Contributor

Just an FYI - there are webcams in various places around Florida where you can keep an eye on the weather, what's happening where you, family or friends might live.  I don't know how long they'll last in the storm.  I've been watching one in the Keys.  Just Google Florida Webcams.  

Esteemed Contributor

There are so many of them offline. I can get only one from Sanibel, and it just looks so peaceful. Which are the webcams still working?

Honored Contributor

My daughter near Orlando said everyone in her neighborhood decided to stay.  She did say the Orlando airport is closing or about to close.  My son-in-law owns a plane and it's so frustrating because I wanted them to fly up here to Va.....but then what do I know...Ha!  Right?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Florida Webcams

[ Edited ]

The one I'm watching is on YouTube - Live Marathon Florida Cam.  I would post the link but there are ads on the link, plus there is a live chat going on where bad language pops up from time to time.

@PA Mom-mom 

Respected Contributor

I just saw people walking on the street in Key West and a guy on a bicycle 😳

Esteemed Contributor

@tucsongal Is that webcam current? I would think it is pretty windy, etc by now! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 I think Orlando is going to be more safe that the coast. Everyone tells me that Orlando is always pretty safe. Prayers!

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom Thanks.  She is my daughter that drives me crazy (there's always one)...Ha!  She texts one or two words....Like "We're fine"...."Orlando airport closed" (They have their own plane and I kept saying, "Why doesn't he fly you guys up to Va?"  She said the whole neighborhood is staying.  

I can understand some of it because like I said, when my late husband was working on a house we'd bought and the hurricane came in 2004 even though we owned the house, he had to leave (he was a Va resident).  He died the day before he was due to drive back to see the damage.  My daughter and I went down there to see it after his funeral.  The house was leveled.  He had to leave all of his amazing tools and everyone of them was stolen, every one of them.  He'd taken marker and drawn an outline of each one on a peg board where they hung and all that was left was empty outlines.

So, I understand why people don't want to leave their homes.  They aren't protected.  Now you can say well people's lives are more important and that goes without saying, but some of those tools were given to him by his Dad before his Dad died and he'd just had a birthday and father's day and my daughters gave him some amazing tools worth a lot of money.

Now insurance paid for some of them but you never get the amount paid and how do you replace the memories?  It makes me sick to think about it.

Anyway, whatever.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 Wow! I see where you are coming from. A: Daughters are born to drive you crazy. B: God bless you and your family.

Respected Contributor

I'm watching a beautiful sunset on this webcam:

Beach Bistro

The restaurant is closed and the island evacuated, but they've said the webcam will stay on as long as there is power & internet. 

For those that don't want to click on the link, it's a beach front restaurant on one of the Gulf barrier islands in the Bradenton/Sarasota area. It'll likely be underwater by Monday morning if the storm path is accurate. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~