Honored Contributor

🏖 Florida Beaches ⛱

[ Edited ]

Both photos taken Monday....Coronavirus outbreak doesn't deter Florida beach-goers Disease Experts Weigh In On The Crowded Partying On Florida Beaches

The governor ordered restaurants to reduce their capacity by 50% and encouraged people to order takeout instead. However, he did not announce statewide closures of beaches.

(removal of link)

shocked

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: 🏖 Florida Beaches ⛱

@Mz iMac He's a complete idiot. Thankfully WA state's governor has been very proactive from the start.

Frequent Contributor

He really is! I let him know my feelings too.

My hope is all people of Florida remembers when the time comes to make our voices heard where it counts! In all areas.. Scott too. And the rest.

Valued Contributor

Governor must not think much of all the elderly living in that state.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

And, while we’re at it, let’s not forget about those bright “adult” people who made the decision to go to the beach. As bad as it is that the beaches were not closed, what kind of fool goes to a beach during a pandemic? - Just watch the news - they are being interviewed. Yep, the sand will protect them! 

Esteemed Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

And, while we’re at it, let’s not forget about those bright “adult” people who made the decision to go to the beach. As bad as it is that the beaches were not closed, what kind of fool goes to a beach during a pandemic? - Just watch the news - they are being interviewed. Yep, the sand will protect them! 

@willdob3  .... these “bright adult people” are just total idiots!!!!! .... where are their parents? .... they are just helping the virus spread more !!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

And why aren't young people doing whats being said on the news? Don't they care? I hope they dont mingle with parents and grandparents then. We cancelled our March birthday get together here. DH and all 3 grandkids have birthdays in March so we get together every year to celebrate all.. My grandkids (22, 20, and 16) ALL  said they refuse to come because if they were not sick BUT  carriers and give the virus to me and DH, they wouldn't have been able to go on had we died from this!. Glad I have kind caring grandkids who  love and care about us! (PS my husband has to work yet. HIs job is essential so not closed like other jobs. Hes taking precaustions,I pray daily he doesn't get this virus! He is asthmatic and I have health issues too).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

@January121 wrote:

these “bright adult people” are just total idiots!!!!! .... where are their parents? .... they are just helping the virus spread more !!!!

At the Jersey shore(s) walking the boardwalk(s), beaches & in some cases swimming in the ocean. Per our local news, Jersey shore towns are having the same problem(s).  Smiley Tongue

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

There have been multiple threads started about this and they keep getting deleted.

I'll just say these kids will be the first ones whining, crying and running to the ER when they are sick.

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@willdob3, you are right.  I have friends who are going to the Gulf Shores tomorrow and heading to the beach.  As of today they are still planning on going.