Honored Contributor

I saw this movie this morning.(4 people in the theater)   Meryl Streep and Hugh Grant were excellent.  Simon Helberg (I was not familiar with him) steals the show.

I laughed (aloud) a lot but cried a bit too.

I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Honored Contributor

I am really looking forward to this movie, especially because of Hugh Grant, LOL.

I started a line about it on the Movie board if you are interested in what others said.

The Florence story is a true one, with some literary license of course.  You can hear her actual voice on you tube.

So glad to read that you enjoyed the film Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

ps Simon Helberg is one of the stars on the tv hit The Big Bang Theory.

He is a pianist and played for real in the movie.

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

I saw this movie this morning.(4 people in the theater)   Meryl Streep and Hugh Grant were excellent.  Simon Helberg (I was not familiar with him) steals the show.

I thoroughly enjoyed it.

What a lovely review. I became a FFJ fan 50 years ago, and it took me a while to understand the poignant with the comedic.

Can't wait to see it myself!

Esteemed Contributor

I really want to see this movie but I can't find it anywhere near my home...We usually get the new movies at our local theater but its not showing on their site...I am so dissapointed...

Funny you should mention Simon Helberg being really funny...he is from the Big Bank Theory....the review in the newspaper said he over did his role and they didn't like him in it...

Thank you for the good review...hopefully I will eventually find it close by so i can see it....

Honored Contributor

I'm really looking forward to seeing this! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Honored Contributor

@circles wrote:

I really want to see this movie but I can't find it anywhere near my home...We usually get the new movies at our local theater but its not showing on their site...I am so dissapointed...

Funny you should mention Simon Helberg being really funny...he is from the Big Bank Theory....the review in the newspaper said he over did his role and they didn't like him in it...

Thank you for the good review...hopefully I will eventually find it close by so i can see it....

I sort of doubt that about Simon Halbig. Cosmo Moon was hardly a mainstream musician, although I've read that he was a fine pianist. He would have had to have been a little over the wall to work so seriously with Florence.

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I was listening NPR yesterday and they had an interview with Meryl Streep regarding this moving.  It sounds like Ms Jenkins was a character and loved to sing.  I want to see this movie too.  Glad you enjoyed it.  The interview was really good.  Meryl Streep is so down to earth and extremely talented.

Trusted Contributor

lulu2, thanks for the good review! I was interested in watching this. you think a man might enjoy it too? I don't want my husband to get bored 😕

Honored Contributor

Great story in Newsday last week about how Streep prepared for her role.