Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Flashlights

[ Edited ]

I use the Capstone Industries Eco-i-Lite which has LED lites (lithium battery) and is a plug in for charging.  It is light weight, smaller and I am very satisfied with the charge time and brightness...  Got one long time ago at HSN, HSN never got them back so I found them at Amazon....

Respected Contributor

Can you take a Coleman lantern instead of a flashlight? I gave up most of my flashlights for lanterns because they're hands-free in a power failure. I only have a small LED flashlight I keep around because it's easier to shine under furniture to look for a dropped item and a lantern isn't good for that.

Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

Can you take a Coleman lantern instead of a flashlight? I gave up most of my flashlights for lanterns because they're hands-free in a power failure. I only have a small LED flashlight I keep around because it's easier to shine under furniture to look for a dropped item and a lantern isn't good for that.

@Alison Wonderland  I had a good laugh because I immediately thought of DIogenes looking for an honest man with his lantern!  I think we need more iike him today don't we????  Thanks for the reminder!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Flashlights

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi wrote:

I buy rechargeable (plug-in) flashlights.   They also act as emergency lighting during a power failure.   The "A" has a variety of them.

Can you use regular batteries in case you are still without power when it needs charging?  We were without power for about 36 hours.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I bought one of these taclights from Amazon. It's the brightest flashlight I have ever owned. All metal and has a Li-ion rechargeable battery. The actual beam of light is adjustable...you can make it wide or small. It also has a strobe option for use on an attackers eyes and blinds them it's so bright. I think I paid around $15 for it. It's about the size of a jumbo hotdog.

images.jpg

I'm not sure if mine is the same but it looks like it. I can stand on my back deck and it lights up my whole yard. I love it.

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

I have been through many flashlights trying to find one that works for more than a short time and is bright enough to actually help me see in the dark. Have been through 6 Duracell ones from Costco....one of the six works correctly. Small Maglite was a gift but the light is very low. LLBean has one that was for dog walking I bought for my DD. She loves it and has a handle so you can hold the leash in the same hand. You may want to check it out.

@lovesrecess  I just went to LLBean and looked at their flashlights for dog walking.  They have two.  They sound great!  I'm going to order one.  Thank you for mentioning it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau