Respected Contributor

Re: Fish Oil Capsules for Dogs

On 1/11/2015 Sakuya said: My dog gets one omega 3 fish oil capsule by Andrew Lessman (procaps labs or hsn) and one half of a Zyrtec every day.

Did the Zyrtec make you dog sleepy. Never thought of trying that. As far as dosing, he weighs 75 lbs and not even one yet, would a half be the right dose for him.

Esteemed Contributor

You can give your dog coconut oil too! I'd stay away from the steroids! I take a tsp in my tea mixed with cinnamon! Tastes great and has many great benefits!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

On 1/12/2015 luvpoos said:
On 1/11/2015 Sakuya said: My dog gets one omega 3 fish oil capsule by Andrew Lessman (procaps labs or hsn) and one half of a Zyrtec every day.

Did the Zyrtec make you dog sleepy. Never thought of trying that. As far as dosing, he weighs 75 lbs and not even one yet, would a half be the right dose for him.

Don't ever use anything like that without checking with your vet on the correct dosage. All it takes is a phone call.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

edHi, I have had dogs for over 30 years,have three goldens now,yes you can give them fish oil tablets, also I buy from chewy. com grissley salmon oil, other places have this also,and I like grain free food,and I feed fromm dog food, make sure your feeding a high quality of food.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Super Contributor

I was giving my dog expensive fish oil designated for pets. My vet suggested I give her regular fish oil like I take. She asks for it at bedtime and just takes it plain from my hand.
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/11/2015 lacey1 said:

I buy fish oil capsules at Aldi's. $4 a bottle. My dogs get 2 capsules each, per day. My vet recommended it. They've been getting them for about 7 years, now. I just put the whole capsule in with their regular kibble, and they swallow them whole with their food. I think it helps with their skin and fur.

Thanks, I have seen them there..love Aldis!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

For skin problems, check out Nzymes.com. I've been using their products on my dog since September and see a lot of improvement. (I am not with this company in any way, just a satisfied customer.)