Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I had 2 kidney surgeries last year; I did it outpatient.  I didnt expect to stay in the hospital for any length of time unless there were complications.  I believe that famous people are always treated differently... and probably always will be... and I never want to be famous... so I am ok with that.  

Having said that I feel for Melania.... I believe she might be lonely.... I could be wrong, of course.

Respected Contributor

I am sure the FLOTUS has a very active social life and is probably wishes she were lonely at times.  LOL

Honored Contributor

I can only speak for my self. It's no great honor to be in the hospital. The times I have been a patient, I couldn't wait to go home, no matter what was wrong with me

I hate hospital stays

Honored Contributor

I’ve had numerous hospitalizationsover the last few years and no way would I want to stay there a week. Being woken up just as soon as you get to sleep, numerous pokes and prods, not being able to “do my business” in the comfort on my own bathroom. 

Of course, I’m neither rich nor famous, so maybe it’s a much different experience.  I’m sure she’s fine so I’m not terribly concerned about this.  

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@JillyMarie wrote:
I wonder how many of us would be permitted a week in the hospital for this same procedure?

@JillyMarie  Probably about as many of us as have 24-hour Secret Service agents.  Which eliminates me right there. . . 

lol

Do you need 24-hour secret service agent protection?  My question about the length of her hospital stay was prompted by the fact that a friend of mine recently had a kidney transplant and she stayed in the hospital for six days.  

Honored Contributor

You must remember ,her staying in the hospital,is not like us staying in the hospital, super  luxury rooms they have,and expert care.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@JillyMarie wrote:
I wonder how many of us would be permitted a week in the hospital for this same procedure?

I wondered about that too.

About 18 months ago I had an open total hysterectomy. I'm quite a bit older than melania  and stayed in the hospital one night. 

Esteemed Contributor

No one here knows her medical situation. Speculation about the length of her stay seems ridiculous.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

No one here knows her medical situation. Speculation about the length of her stay seems ridiculous.

Just mild curiosity. I really don't care what she does or doesn't do.  Those of us who have had a recent surgery know how short hospital stays are these days.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom  Laura Bush had to have neck surgery due to a pinched nerve that was causing numbness down her arm and into her hand.