Respected Contributor

Re: Fires and mayhem in SoCal

@kivah, I was thinking about you. Have been watching all day. It is horrific. The smoke is up here in the channel but is staying out because of the wind.

Wasn't sure where you are exactly. They were showing Zuma, and then said that pch is closed at the county line.

Hope when the winds die down they can get a bit of a handle on this.

xoxo, henny

Honored Contributor

@kivah wrote:

@phoenixbrd

Losing a home is devastating for everyone - but RICH people usually have several beautiful homes -- or access to renting large homes - and lots of people in their inner circle who deal with the insurance co. and rebuilding. For the average person --- it's a nightmare.

I would never, ever discount someone’s Life’s Event based

upon their bank account.  Human stress is just that...stress.

It’s a nightmare for everyone.  Empathy would tell one that.

Yes, certain people might have the means to live differently when

recovering from tragedy, but at the end of the day, we all are the same.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kivah I understand and agree with what you are saying.  It will be easier to deal with loss and devastation due to financial resources.  This does not mean they will not be effected by the heartbreaking loss.  It will be even more difficult (but no less sorrowful to those with means) when there is loss to those who don't have the financial resources to rebuild or even wait out the threat in a hotel.  It is a life changing event for everyone.  My heart goes out to all of those impacted, no matter financial status, as well as the precious wildlife that must be dying or looking for means of escape from this nightmare.  I love and share your comments and concern, you have a loving heart.  Everyone suffers if touched by tragedy. When looking at the big picture, we are all united.

My home is located centrally between these fires in California. My cousin's home is located in Malibu.  I do not feel threatened, but if advised to evacuate I've always known my priorities - pup, husband, papers and we are out!  I hope you are safe.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

We are in a voluntary evacuation limbo. Depending on the wind at this point. All ready to go. Caitlin Jenner, Paramount ranch destroyed. Flames very close to Kim Kardashian and Bachelor mansion. We got full tanks of gas in cars, cash and ready to turn off gas if need be. On kind of a funny/odd note my QVC fudge was delivered by UPS.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

We are in a voluntary evacuation limbo. Depending on the wind at this point. All ready to go. Caitlin Jenner, Paramount ranch destroyed. Flames very close to Kim Kardashian and Bachelor mansion. We got full tanks of gas in cars, cash and ready to turn off gas if need be. On kind of a funny/odd note my QVC fudge was delivered by UPS.

Good to be prepared for the worst but hope for the best, @Nancy Drew. Heart

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

When we are watching the horrible fires in California on the news, it is so devastating it’s hard to comprehend.  The rash of fires in such a beautiful part of the country and the loss of life and everyone’s home and belongings is heartbreaking.  We have never experienced anything like that where we live and just feel so helpless.  All we can do is donate some money.  It just something so terrible, and we feel so helpless watching our fellow Americans suffer so much.  I hope so much that our forum friends, their families and friends, and pets can stay safe.  Please know we are very concerned for you.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you James for stepping up !

Actor James Woods has become a clearing house for people who lost track of loved ones in the chaos of Northern California's Camp Fire near Chico and Southern California's Woolsey Fire in Malibu.

He is using social media to coordinate family and friends who became disconnected by the wildfires that together have forced tens of thousands to flee their homes.

Woods is inviting people to use the hashtags #CampFireJamesWoods and #SoCalFiresJamesWoods to post the names of missing family members and friends. He then shares the message to his more than 2 million followers.

Hundreds of concerned users have tweeted in with photos and descriptions of missing people and pets.

When someone is found, Woods also shares the news.

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry this is happening. I will pray for everyone involved. Heart

Honored Contributor

😢
I live in the Inland Empire. No threat near us.
It’s awful. Affects everyone regardless of money. Earlier today Alyssa Milano was on Twitter begging for someone to help her evacuate her horses. She posted later her family and animals got out safe.
Santa Ana wind warning through Tuesday. 😢
Honored Contributor

...and this area seems to have a ton of horses, zoos,

and other various large livestock since it’s kinda ranchy/farmy.