Honored Contributor

Blue Friday: Will You Participate?

BLUE FRIDAY

◆ NOVEMBER 23RD, 2018 ◆

Billions of pounds of trash enter our oceans every year. We believe that every living creature is united by the blue of our world's oceans and waterways and we all share the responsibility to protect them 

Our third annual Blue Friday, a nationwide DIY cleanup initiative, is going down on November 23rd, 2018. Before we dig into that leftover turkey sandwich, we’re going to spend one hour on the day formerly known as Black Friday picking up trash in a local park. And we want you to join us, wherever you may be. 

Want to join? Snag a DIY Cleanup Kit, and find a park or waterway in need. It's that easy!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Blue Friday: Will You Participate?

What a great idea. 🦃🦃

Honored Contributor

This is a great idea especially for those who don’t go shopping. 

Never heard of it though.

Honored Contributor

I've never heard of it.

Honored Contributor

The first time I realized something was wrong was during the hunt for the down Malaysian plane.   The search was in the southern Indian Ocean....and I saw a door.  Floating alone.  Not an airplane door, but a screen door.  Just bobbing along in the middle of the ocean.  Soon I was seeing other things.  Balls, plastic bags, a bicycle,etc.  I half expected to see a grand piano. 

The oceans are so befouled, it not funny.  Occasionally a diver will find a marine mammal or a fish entangled with something we made and tossed in the ocean.  But there are thousands more animals suffering all the time because of this. 

Honored Contributor

I never heard of it, it's a good cause but it's not something I would do.  We spend Black Friday recovering from Thanksgiving and putting up the Christmas decorations.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

Thanks for posting!

I, too, have never heard of this program.

“United By Blue” website also has merchandise made from

recycled products. Like the idea!

🌎💙

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono, and everyone,

Never heard of it until now! Thanks for posting,

http://www.lovethispic.com/uploaded_images/131592-Happy-Saturday.jpg

Respected Contributor

I like this idea.  We live in a former rural area, now building up with housing developments.  People from a local city come out to where we live and just dump theuir trash on the side of the road at night.  It is so unsightly and so irresponsible.  It saddens me to see nature treated that way.

Honored Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

I like this idea.  We live in a former rural area, now building up with housing developments.  People from a local city come out to where we live and just dump theuir trash on the side of the road at night.  It is so unsightly and so irresponsible.  It saddens me to see nature treated that way.

@maximillian

Where in New Mexico are you exactly? Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~