Respected Contributor

I write casually on the board--dashes, sentence fragments and all that jazz.  Easy to write and can be reread if necessary.

In real life I use more formal speech.  Complete sentences and what I would call proper words.  It is easier for the listener to understand.  I assume people who use formal speech are more credible.  I am much less likely to "pick up" (ugly phrase) something from someone who doesn't speak formal English. 

Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:
I still don’t get the, “0n the day,” phrase.

I agree with you. It's so annoying annoying!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@santorini wrote:

Who comes up with these sayings at QVC?  Happy is an adjective.  Wouldn't it be better to say Find Your Happiness?  No, instead, it's repeated a thousand times a day so some people will start to think that's actually a correct way to speak.  Kind of like "you got this" which obviously did not originate from QVC.  Dumbing down of America.

You might be more impactful if you accessed a Q mod and gave them the ask. They could do a deep dive into the Q's spiel policy  and unpack it for you. Or not. There aren't as many boots on the ground these days, so good luck with reaching out. Smiley Wink 

I could be impactful, maybe impacted.