Respected Contributor

Is this one little phrase the dumbing down of America?  No way.

Instead, it is an inventive and clever use of language to catch the attention of viewers and make them look twice.

There are so many words and ideas that spring up in advertising and sales that later become mainstay phrases in the (American) English language.

Who cares if you like it or not--it gave QVC at least five minutes of your time, and during that five minutes maybe you will shop and buy something.

Honored Contributor

Another lame marketing campaign by the Q......I guess they think it will make QVC appear "with it" and to use an old phrase "hip" ------to draw in that younger demographic....But all it does it make them appear silly....

download.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Find your “happy”

[ Edited ]

Just not a big deal.  Maybe they just want to put a smile on people especially at this time.  Expecting perfection in this world is unrealistic.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

That phrase has been around a long time.  I have a tee from the 80's with it on.  

Valued Contributor
I really wish they’d get rid of “Fri-yay”. 🙄🙄🙄
Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

But how cute is that?

@AuntG  I'd say it's stinken cute!! 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@santorini wrote:

Who comes up with these sayings at QVC?  Happy is an adjective.  Wouldn't it be better to say Find Your Happiness?  No, instead, it's repeated a thousand times a day so some people will start to think that's actually a correct way to speak.  Kind of like "you got this" which obviously did not originate from QVC.  Dumbing down of America.

You might be more impactful if you accessed a Q mod and gave them the ask. They could do a deep dive into the Q's spiel policy  and unpack it for you. Or not. There aren't as many boots on the ground these days, so good luck with reaching out. Smiley Wink 

@noodleann 

Hilarious!

Respected Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

Great! I exceeded your expectations!  We've got a synergistic win-win here!

Smiley Wink Smiley Wink Smiley Wink Smiley Wink Smiley Wink Smiley Wink Smiley Wink Smiley Wink Smiley Wink Smiley Wink Smiley Wink Smiley Wink 

@noodleann 

Please stop before I have to poke my eyes out!

Honored Contributor
Another reason I stopped watching years ago. Got tired of being taken on a “ tour” of handbags, shoes, etc.
Honored Contributor
Adulting is very difficult nowadays!