Valued Contributor

Why so argumentative? Really! Maybe these forums aren't for you just like CIJ isn't.

And why are you so defensive about someone disagreeing you? This is a board for most opinions. Maybe these boards aren't for you, since you seem to take offense so easily. You gotta have thick skin to post on this board.

Respected Contributor

@PuppyLoverBob666 wrote:

Why so argumentative? Really! Maybe these forums aren't for you just like CIJ isn't.

And why are you so defensive about someone disagreeing you? This is a board for most opinions. Maybe these boards aren't for you, since you seem to take offense so easily. You gotta have thick skin to post on this board.

First, I'm not defensive at all. I'm just trying to give you a heads up that you need to chill since you come across as a (never mind) and may not realize it.

I've been here longer than you have and have no idea where you're getting the idea I take offense easily. Seems to me you're projecting your own issues which is also indicated by the way you've been reacting here.

Trusted Contributor

@PuppyLoverBob666 wrote:

You should come up with a new nic.  This one doesn't fit your posting style.

Tell me how to do it  When the board was down for 2 weeks and I was able to post again, QV had changed my nic and I don't know how to change back. So if someone will tell me how to do it, I will.

Have you tried the suggestions that posters offered when you asked for help?

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/I-need-help/m-p/7576535#M1879629

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Respected Contributor

@Desert Lily   Very interesting and useful information that you acquired in your former career.

I appreciate that you shared this knowledge with shoppers like me.  What you outline makes sense--if I was a retailer I would want to take advantage of the proffered discount.

Siimilar advannce planning occurs with monthly magazines.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Esteemed Contributor

Why do differences in likes and dislikes result in such negative comments?  Especially for what we watch on television? Why should our choices in anything result in criticism?  State your thoughts, voice your opinions as strongly as you want and everyone else should respect your right to do so, not take it personally or respond personally.  Watch and buy what you want and pass on bye what you  don't and pay no mind to what other people do.

Honored Contributor

@PuppyLoverBob666 wrote:

To the people who are going to chastize me for not knowing that the Q starts selling a month or two ahead of time---I already know it. I just don't like it. (And QVC isn't the only offender.)

Do some of you have reading comprehention problems?

@PuppyLoverBob666   You do not have to like CIJ (I haven't watched it in years) but your anger is coming through loud and clear.

I do not like endless shows about certain products but the Q does not dictate my shopping nor my feelings about any products/hosts.

Thankfully and hopefully this is the last complaint about CIJ.

Let it be.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Aw what the heck-Hallmark has Halloween AND Christmas "stuff" in stores.  I was just there a few days ago.

That should really flip some skirts around here.  LOL

Minions Bleh GIF - Minions Bleh Tongue Out - Discover & Share GIFs

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

In my climate, I never need wool sweaters or countless pairs of boots...it seems QVC only caters to people who live in colder climates, while some other shopping channels cater to Floridians...I guess I am out of luck since I live elsewhere. 

Occasional Contributor

What's a nic?

Occasional Contributor

Wow this is a great answer, thanks for teaching about being a buyer-really interesting.