Honored Contributor

Finally….looking forward to a weekend

I am not a fan of weekends at all but this weekend, I finally have something to do, which will help and I am so thankful for it.

My 2 BFF's will be here in about an hour and are staying for the weekend, till Monday.  One lives about an hour and a half from me (I've seen her only twice in the last year because of Covid) and the other has lived in Utah for years.  We've been best friends for 51 years.  I cherish them.  There has never been a moment of dissention between us.  We met in the summer of 1970 and that was that.  Immediate. 

I am so looking forward to them coming.  I am also so looking forward to having someone in this house besides me, someone here to fix something and occasionally my sister.  This house is so quiet every day.  

I have been so sad this last year or so and I can't wait to see them. I know that I'm going to sob when I open the door.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Re: Finally….looking forward to a weekend

Have a wonderful weekend! Enjoy your friends and the companionship.

Esteemed Contributor

Have a great time!!

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Sounds like it's going to be fun at your house. So sweet that you three have been friends for 51 yrs
Have a blast together, enjoy to the fullest ☺️
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh 

I am so happy for you!  I am not much of a fan of weekends either so I can understand your feelings.

I too am so very blessed to still be in contact with two of my very closest friends from junior high and high school.  💕💕💕💕💕. We get together regularly for lunches and such.  And we are working together to plan our 50th Class Reunion coming up in 2023.

I hope you have a most wonderful visit this weekend and lots of fun!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh Hope you have a wonderful weekend with your friends! Smiley Happy

My husband & son will be going camping this weekend and I will be alone for the first time in ....well I can't remember.  At first I was not happy but then changed my mind thinking that I can get some things done around the house. 

I can't imagine how lonely it can be when you are alone all of the time and I realize that many do live alone but it's different for each.

Wishing you a fabulous weekend!

Respected Contributor

I hope you soak up so much fun, that it stays with you for weeks to come. Enjoy.  

Respected Contributor

Happy for you~Hope you all thoroughly enjoy each other and your time together this weekend! 

Respected Contributor

While I love weekends because I don't have to roll out of bed for work, I understand totally looking forward to times with old friends. You are going to love it I am sure.  I have 5 friends that I have been friends with since birth (65 years) because our families lived around the corner from each other.  We have mostly moved to other areas, but we still stay in touch and it's amazing.

If you have old pictures or yearbooks, dig them out. OMG try and remember people without looking at names.  Enjoy and soak them up...

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh 

I hope you enjoy every minute of your weekend with your best buddies.

Maybe this will help to be a turning point in your life, along with your future new home.

❤️