Respected Contributor

On 4/8/16 @ 1:45 pm CST after a wonderful luncheon I walked out of my office as a new RETIREE !!   Almost 17 yrs at this job, a Nurse for 40 years, I was a bit nervous about my decision but once I pulled off the lot I turned the sound up on my favorite  radio station (much higher than normal) and drove home singing and moving to the music. What an Awesome feeling !!  I never have to work again.. 

Respected Contributor

Hello, Goodie2shoes. Smiley Happy

Congratulations! Smiley Very Happy

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

NC Bandwagon, Thanks !

Honored Contributor

Congratulations!  I walked out of my office a few months ago too and retired.  I had a lot of personal and vacation days, so I just left the same day I told my boss.....On a Monday, no less.

The feeling is wonderful..... Enjoy your new found time for everything.

Respected Contributor

Congratulations and good luck  you will really love retirement! 

Honored Contributor

congratulations! and wow-a nurse for 40 years! That is a job and service well done for sure!

I bet even if you liked what you did, it will be a wonderful feeling not to HAVE to go in to work, especially the days you really wish you didn't have to!

Turn up that volume all your heart desires!

Have a great new morning and many more!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@Goodie2shoes.   Congrats! Start enjoying your new life and fill it with adventures that you've never had time to do! 😀

Honored Contributor

I walked out the door and retired in January 1998.  I've thoroughly enjoyed being a slug ever since.  I keep my own strange schedule and do as I wish when I want to do it.  I highly recommend it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Finally Did it !

[ Edited ]

Congratulations!  Your life is your own now, to do whatever you wish whenever you wish.  Enjoy the freedom. 

Freedom.jpg

Respected Contributor

Re: Finally Did it !

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes  Congratulations on your retirement, that's awesome.

It's a wonderful feeling, especially after you were a nurse for 40 years, you deserve to enjoy, laugh and have fun now and every day.