Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes

Congratulations, you earned it.  Enjoy as I think retirement is great.

Esteemed Contributor

CONGRATULATIONS @Goodie2shoes and THANK YOU for your 40 years of service in the health care field.  😄

Honored Contributor

Enjoy!!!

I did this 15 years ago and enjoyed a nice St. Valentine's Day dinner that night!  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Re: Finally Did it !

[ Edited ]

A too cute cake for "Nurses Appreciation Week"

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Retirement where every day is a vacation day!

Congratulations and thanks for your service.  

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes on my retirement, I read every post and appreciate them all.

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes

Enjoy! I have been for 24 years now. 

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations!  A nurse here too, retired in 2013 after 50 years!  It was liberating....I loved my career but never regretted leaving it!  Enjoy your freedom! 

Trusted Contributor

@Goodie2shoes

May you have many wonderful years of retirement enjoying every day

in good health!

Valued Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

Congrats!  Retirement is the best!  Two years ago I took a week's vacation, contacted Obamacare, signed up, went to Social Security, signed up.  When I went back to work, I gave my two weeks notice.  They were not happy, but I figure, if they were going to let me go, I wouldn't get any notice.  Starting next month, I'm starting back at the same job 8 hours a week just for some extra money.  Enjoy your retirement!

@hoosieroriginal, you post was spot on.  I am 65 and have let my supervisor know I have been looking into my pension amount and Social Security.  Last Thursday I was in her office and she said, Dell have you made your decision yet, I need to know if you are leaving?  She kept on badgering me and I replied maybe end of July this year.  I then told her to not say anything to anyone else.  She said, well we have to make plans to replace you.  I said that is over 3½ months away.  Very rarely do employees give 3½ months notice.  She was visibly irritated with me.  They can't even start interviews for my job position until the position is vacant.  I know it was my error to answer her question but I was so surprised at her reply.  She made it all about her and the office.  I have worked there 21 years.