Honored Contributor

I had compiled all my papers / docs / numbers a couple of weeks ago and they were sitting there on the dining table waiting for me to do something with them.  It was one of those "maybe next week" situations.

Spent about half an hour on Turbo Tax.  Getting small refund ... forms are electronically enroute to feds and state tax.

Respected Contributor

Congrats!  A big job done!

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Trusted Contributor

It's a good feeling when you have it done!  

Respected Contributor

Okay????  Why is this post worthy? It's tax time! I'm confused

Honored Contributor

It's a relief to have it done isn't it ? 🥳

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Good Luck on getting a quick Federal return!  Filed two weeks ago and IRS is saying three weeks is the norm.   Unfortunately we are expecting a fat return and I need it to pay off my car and replace a dying water heater.

Honored Contributor

@patbz  My accountant filed my taxes a couple of weeks ago.  The state tax refund was deposited 4 days later.  The federal refund came a few days after that.  I was amazed!

Respected Contributor

Re: Filed my Taxes!!!

[ Edited ]

@Tinkerbell3 

In reply to your post:  <<Why is this post worthy? It's tax time! I'm confused>>

Are you the new sheriff in town who decides which posts are "worthy" ??   Now I'm confused. 

You might want to clear up your definition  of worthiness, just so everyone knows the limits. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette :  My accountant filed mine and I received state refund in a week but no Federal and its been two weeks (website says it might take three weeks).

Honored Contributor

@patbz 

I already filed everything away - but I think Turbo Tax said that refund is estimated to be deposited in two weeks.

Got text message that it's been accepted by feds.  NY State is slow - usually three or more weeks for refund.

The amount is so small - I probably won't even notice when it's deposited.  

------------------------------

@patbz wrote:

Good Luck on getting a quick Federal return!  Filed two weeks ago and IRS is saying three weeks is the norm.   Unfortunately we are expecting a fat return and I need it to pay off my car and replace a dying water heater.