Trusted Contributor

I must admit I have never quite understood people who want QVC to carry a product which is already widely available at other retailers.  What is the point?

Honored Contributor

KYToby wrote:

I must admit I have never quite understood people who want QVC to carry a product which is already widely available at other retailers.  What is the point?

I never quite understand that either, but I see so many requests for that sort of thing.    Many of us have pointed out that if QVC carries these products it will just cost them more, in all likelihood.  

Go to the department store and bring it home.  Order it from Amazon and have it in two days.  Go the Fiesta site, or numerous others, and have it in a week AND probably get free shipping and lower prices.

I'm really not trying to dog QVC.  I'm just telling the facts.    They sell what makes sense to sell on an enormously gigantic scale because it's expensive to sell on tv.   Of course, we pay for that, too, but that's just the way it is.  Often there are deals.  But you won't get deals on items that don't sell by the tens of thousands.  

I really cannot think of a single reason for which I would positively HAVE to purchase anything at only one place.

Respected Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

One excellent point I can think of is Fiesta (not Fiesta ware) is completely made in the United States.  We all sit around bemoaning the state of the economy, but so many then run out to buy items from China. 

There are posts and posts about products made in China having questionable lead content and chipping and splitting.  Yet people keep purchasing foreign made items.  Let's bring the business back to America. 

Respected Contributor

I have service for 12 of Fiesta and no broken shelves in any cabinets of mine.  Love the product!

Honored Contributor

I love Fiestaware because it is sturdy, colorful, open stock, and made in the USA.  I admit it is heavy.  I started out several years ago when Costco was selling it.  I got six yellow place settings then I added red to it and now green.  With open stock I can buy only the pieces I will use.  

Trusted Contributor

I use Fiestaware for my pets' food and water bowls.  Yesterday, I went to the local Kohl's for replacements (the luster had worn off the older bowls), and it looked like the store was selling off it stock.  Very little left.  The most they had was of boxed dinnerware sets.

Respected Contributor

SashaMatthews -- With all due respect, I have to disagree with you.  The luster does not wear off Fiesta.  I have a couple of mugs that have to be at least ten years old and get washed at least once a week, if not more, in our dishwasher and they still look like new. 

In fact, Homer Laughlin, the company that makes Fiesta, recommend using Bar Keeper's Friend, a type of cleanser, to remove any knife scratches from plates.  They would not suggest a strong cleanser if they even thought for a moment the finish on their items would wear off.

As for Kohl's, I too have noticed a lower inventory than in the past.  What I also noticed is a large amount of "made in China" products.  Kohl's earnings have been down.  A quote from their chairman dated 8/11/2016: "Our inventory management initiatives helped us to achieve a strong increase in gross margin with ending inventory per store down significantly from last year."  

And finally, JCPenney stopped selling Fiesta a few years ago.  This year they brought it back due to the demand of the American people wanting to purchase "Made In America" products.

Honored Contributor

I have numerous plates and pieces of FW in different colors.  I've had no problem with my shelves bending or breaking under the weight.

The Christmas before last I bought a complete set for four of the new Lapis, it goes perfectly with Polish Stoneware.

Kohl's has had a great FW sale just before the holidays for the past couple of years: 30% off, free shipping over a certain amount, AND during one of their coupon sales events, I got another extra 30% off with that.

FW lovers might want to look for the sale this coming year. 

Honored Contributor

ps I have some FW pieces I've had since early in our marriage, decades ago.  The luster is as good now as the day I bought it.