Not applicable

Would love to see Fiestaware Dinnerware sold on QVC with all its additional pieces

Respected Contributor

I don't think Fiesta Ware was ever on the Q. I live 10 miles from their warehouse and plant, have been there once, I really don't like it, only because it's so heavy. My daughter in law loved it but came home one day and the top shelf of her cupboard had broken down because of the weight. She soon after got a new kitchen but got rid of the Fiesta Ware, my next door neighbor works there, sanding the ridge off the cup handles, she told me about a month ago they are making new shaped cups. Her husband is retired from there. Back in the Forties my sister dated a boy from there, Newell, WV , and she bought a dinnerware set for 6, my neigbor tells me they are highly sought after now. She still has them. They have an outlet for seconds and most are unable to detect any flaws.

Honored Contributor

Belks always has great houseware sales around the weekends.  Fiesta ware also has cute matching tablecloths and napkins.

Honored Contributor

Fiesta is available lots of places. I can't imagine a single reason to want QVC to sell it. Pay more plus high shipping? No thanks.

Regular Contributor

I love my Fiesta Ware and have never had a problem with the weight.  Thankful for that.

Honored Contributor

Everybody doesn't like the same stuff, so that's why there are choices.   I can feel for her having that shelf break down, though!

I once had a big shelf break down in a large corner cabinet where I keep most of my 'dishes'.     Two things - one was that it was a real drag to have to remove everything from the whole cabinet to re-fix that shelf.  BTW, it wasn't the weight of anything.  It was the really poor pegs that were in the shelf from before we bought the house.  But, two - I was just amazed that not one piece of my Fiesta broke, cracked, or even chipped.  Now, to be fair, nothing fell to the floor.  That would have been a disaster.

It is heavier than most but it's made with great quality, so that helps.  Now, if you want to talk about heavy - I have some LeCreuset pots that must weight a thousand pounds!  

I like the products because they are quality.   But I would never expect everybody to like what I like.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Uh-oh.  I hadn't given any thought to my shelves breaking from the weight.  I wait for sales at Macy's to stock up.  

Esteemed Contributor

@HLP wrote:

I don't think Fiesta Ware was ever on the Q. I live 10 miles from their warehouse and plant, have been there once, I really don't like it, only because it's so heavy. My daughter in law loved it but came home one day and the top shelf of her cupboard had broken down because of the weight. She soon after got a new kitchen but got rid of the Fiesta Ware, my next door neighbor works there, sanding the ridge off the cup handles, she told me about a month ago they are making new shaped cups. Her husband is retired from there. Back in the Forties my sister dated a boy from there, Newell, WV , and she bought a dinnerware set for 6, my neigbor tells me they are highly sought after now. She still has them. They have an outlet for seconds and most are unable to detect any flaws.

Amazing place! I've made the trip down there twice. Wonderful piece of America that used to be, when we made things here.

Standing in the parking lot you can look down onto the gorge the Ohio river has cut over time.

We used to make summer trips when glass, china & pottery companies had their warehouse sales. Wonderful memories of Lenox, LE Smith & others.

Honored Contributor

tansy wrote:

Uh-oh.  I hadn't given any thought to my shelves breaking from the weight.  I wait for sales at Macy's to stock up.  

Hi Tansy!  I really do believe (having tons of Fiesta in my cabinets, too!) that if you have decent shelving that is set in with adequate support for general kitchen stuff you should be just fine.

The one shelf that I mentioned falling still had these craptacular little wood pegs that held the shelves in for who knows how long before we bought this house.  It never occurred to me that they might be sloppy until that shelf fell.

After that happened, I got some really nice steel pegs and made sure, also, that really large shelves (like some of my corner ones) had enough pegs to properly support them.

I have absolutely no reason to believe that that will happen again, since I fixed them.  Took me a while to do my whole kitchen!  I have over 20 cabinets and am not in the best physical shape anymore, but I got them all done over a couple of weeks.   Hope I never have to do that again!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I think FW is heavy too, but I love it. I collect the white, not much for bright colors, Boscov's had 30% off just last week.