Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

It is sad. We are all with you in being disappointed about so many plans seemingly disappearing suddenly out of nowhere. Some of it will come back. Just not right now. But you know that.

My take is that this period is going to be an important memory for all of us and it will be a good one if we can look back and be proud of how we adapted and were kind to each other and had a good, if quiet, time in spite of circumstances.

You know how sometimes you had a big vacation planned as a kid and it rained the whole time? And you spent it doing something else and it turned out to be fun in its own way. And it's a memory now that you would never have expected. These times can create surprisingly good memories too.

@Porcelain ...Nicely said.  HeartWoman Very Happy

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Feeling sad

[ Edited ]

@haddon9 wrote:

Kids are resilient.  They may miss some things but will bounce back as long as they stay healthy which is the important thing.

I'm feeling sad for all of those who suddenly get so ill out of the blue and don't survive!  I can't imagine how that is for those poor families.  I'm also very sad for those who will be struggling financially...right now we're fine but I have no idea how long this will go on...will my own adult kids lose their jobs?

As for me personally, I'm sad that I will miss seeing my mother who lives in south Florida (which is too far for me to physically drive).  As I've mentioned here before she's 93 and has aides helping her but when will I be able to see her again? ...that is so uncertain.

I'm also sad about missing out on an extended family trip to Spain in June.  I was so looking forward to it and figured at my age I need to travel while I'm still able to...who knows how long that might be?

@haddon9 ...Many moons ago I too wanted to visit Spain, had all the arrangements made but sadly circumstances got in the way, the trip never happened.  I hope it won't be too long before you can make that trip, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.  As for seeing your mother, I will say prayers hoping it will help so you can get to visit with her very soon.  Sometimes when things look very bleak, the clouds part and the sun comes through, I wish that for you too where seeing your mother is concerned.  God Bless you and your family.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

yes, graduations, proms, weddings are changed with the virus yes got to adjust. younger ones will laugh oh the virus got diploma sent to the house. they may not care as much as we do. Or we can redo and wait after this is over for a celebration. Easter is coming, what happens when we can't find the foods we like to have? Not the end of the world redo family will be just happy & adjust. Don't feel sad, enjoy your Grandkids are moving forward but maybe in a different way with all this going on. They are young will not ruin their lives. You want memories but maybe get memories in a different way.

Respected Contributor

With everything that is happening, missing the graduation ceremony doesn’t seem like such a big deal. Or, it shouldn’t. I wasn’t excited about — in fact, rather dreaded — my high school and college graduations. And a lot if my friends felt the same way.

Respected Contributor

Re: Feeling sad

[ Edited ]

Some people might be overlooking that it isn't the graduation ceremony that needs to be "celebrated"........it's the wonderful fact that the student has earned and received a diploma.

No applause is necessary from a crowd at a ceremony to mark this milestone in a young person's life.

If any students are sad about this cancellation, maybe they should be reminded that attendance at a ceremony won't change the course of their lives in the future.  That's entirely up to their own initiative and determination, using the diploma they earned.