Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@nana59 

Can you video chat with them on Skype or facr time

@nana59 wrote:

it's so tough to be a grandparent during this crisis....i miss my grandkids.....

yes...i have been....but i still miss their hugs!  guess we all have to do what's best for each other....wishing everyone good health....

Honored Contributor

Re: Feeling sad

[ Edited ]

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

Xenophobia is ugly pointless stupid and reduces your immunity by revving up your anger instead of staying calm. Americans are giving this to each other now. You are one step away from hating your next door neighbor and having them hate you. If we want to look at other people as threats then we are all threats to each other. What an ugly way to use one's precious time and immunity. I am not here for it.

But dang @Porcelain  ::::stompin feet::::can't I at least continue to despise my next door neighbor?!??  I mean really, with all my soul?!? It's the only "joy" they give me!Smiley LOL

Spoiler

Hahahaha. For sure. You live on the other side of that doofus with the white truck who sits in it playing his techno and EDM for a half hour at a time shaking everyone's windows and frightening the moles because seemingly his own roommates can't stand him and kick him out there to spread his nuisance self to the whole neighborhood?

Oh. It's just me? Clearly I need to chill. And eventually file a noise complaint. Have considered sending him some headphones via amazon. But that would be passive aggressive and heaven knows what he would start sending me.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Re: Feeling sad

[ Edited ]

@Patriot3 wrote:

I am so sad.  My grandson is a Senior and is missing the last months of his senior year.  I don't blame anyone but China, but this is so distressing.  To maybe not watch him walk across to get his diploma...........

He has worked so hard and is heading for university in August (hopefully).  I wonder if they will be able to have graduation the end of May and then the party later.  These kids are missing so much.  My heart hurts for these kids and our whole country which has almost come to a standstill.

I also have two weddings for another grandson and granddaughter later this summer, which means showers, too.  So sad..........I just keep praying............

@Patriot3   These are just inconviences in our  lives as we use to live.... remember that.  This too shall pass.  We all have to just deal with inconviences for about a year or so.  You mentioned two things that are important to you  but, that can be done at a later date.  There are much more important things to  worry about now and do now.

Honored Contributor

In the scope of what is happening with jobs and businesses and illness, I don't think any graduation or party is a big deal.

Respected Contributor

This isn't sad, it's disappointing or inconvenient. "Sad" is burying 4 of your family members after a family dinner because no one knew one family member had been exposed to the virus. 

Honored Contributor

Kids are resilient.  They may miss some things but will bounce back as long as they stay healthy which is the important thing.

I'm feeling sad for all of those who suddenly get so ill out of the blue and don't survive!  I can't imagine how that is for those poor families.  I'm also very sad for those who will be struggling financially...right now we're fine but I have no idea how long this will go on...will my own adult kids lose their jobs?

As for me personally, I'm sad that I will miss seeing my mother who lives in south Florida (which is too far for me to physically drive).  As I've mentioned here before she's 93 and has aides helping her but when will I be able to see her again? ...that is so uncertain.

I'm also sad about missing out on an extended family trip to Spain in June.  I was so looking forward to it and figured at my age I need to travel while I'm still able to...who knows how long that might be?

Respected Contributor

@Patriot3 I remember how much fun my sons had in their senior yr and I'm sorry about your grandson missing that.  I guess this graduating class will never forget the situation that changed their last year of HS and how challenging this time is now for everyone.  Perhaps it will help them in the long run as they will discover strength deep inside and know they can get through tough stuff in life.

My younger son is now in the most challenging situation of his career.  I wish he were 18 again and I could protect him.  But we will do what we must to get through and hopefully help others along the way.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

In the scope of what is happening with jobs and businesses and illness, I don't think any graduation or party is a big deal.

@Sooner   Really, no need to scold.  We all realize that some things are far more devastating and important than others.

I think we are just relaying our thoughts on how many things will be missed during the impact of this pandemic.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

@Kalli wrote:

@Patriot3 I remember how much fun my sons had in their senior yr and I'm sorry about your grandson missing that.  I guess this graduating class will never forget the situation that changed their last year of HS and how challenging this time is now for everyone.  Perhaps it will help them in the long run as they will discover strength deep inside and know they can get through tough stuff in life.

My younger son is now in the most challenging situation of his career.  I wish he were 18 again and I could protect him.  But we will do what we must to get through and hopefully help others along the way.

@KalliThank you for your kind words.  Yes, sometimes all we can do is sit back, pray and hope.  I pray that your son comes thru okay!  God Bless!

Esteemed Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner   Really, no need to scold.  We all realize that some things are far more devastating and important than others.

I think we are just relaying our thoughts on how many things will be missed during the impact of this pandemic.

@Mersha  Thank you for defending me.  What one person thinks is trivial is a big deal to another!