Trusted Contributor

I haven't felt this proud of myself in ages.  I descaled my Keurig Supreme coffee maker and couldnt get the descale button to turn off.  I pressed the K button by mistake and all the power buttons went off.  It was dead!  My husband told me to throw it out but I went to my tablet and typed in what to do.  I found a great you tube video and the guy said when this happens you have to reset it and the button is on the inside. So I decided after watching a few times that I can try to do it. I took it apart and followed the steps and low and behold it worked.  I'm so happy with myself!

Jessa
Honored Contributor

Was your husband impressed? If not he owes you an expensive night out.

Trusted Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Was your husband impressed? If not he owes you an expensive night out.

He said I should advertise in the local paper that I can fix Keurigs😅😅

Jessa
Frequent Contributor

Gotta love YouTube!    FYI.  I had the same issue with the descale light staying on and found this    I know you lost power, but this might help next time FF99346B-A2C5-46A8-8589-5E8ECB15DF7F.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Jessa9 wrote:

I haven't felt this proud of myself in ages.  I descaled my Keurig Supreme coffee maker and couldnt get the descale button to turn off.  I pressed the K button by mistake and all the power buttons went off.  It was dead!  My husband told me to throw it out but I went to my tablet and typed in what to do.  I found a great you tube video and the guy said when this happens you have to reset it and the button is on the inside. So I decided after watching a few times that I can try to do it. I took it apart and followed the steps and low and behold it worked.  I'm so happy with myself!

@Jessa9 

Aren't those YouTube videos the best.  My husband is quite ill and has dementia.  Therefore, I am in charge of "fixing" and "buying."  I have found so many videos that kept things going, i.e., my washing machine, my refrigerator, my coffeemaker and how to do so many things around the house that I could not do and if I could not do them, I could get my faithful gardener to help based on videos.  I don't know how our mothers survived without YouTube to help them with their stoves, fridges and washers. 

Honored Contributor

@Jessa9 

I changed the cabin filter in my car, so I know that feeling of pride. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Cheers to you! I had the dreaded "check engine" light come on in my car and went over to youtube and the first thing they said was to check your gas cap and see if it's loose or cruddy. BINGO! Loose.... that was the problem. Fixed  and I wonder if I would have taken it to a shop if they would have found something real expensive to "fix". Now I always go to the tube first and check what they say to check first. Saved me 3 or 4 times now from an unnecessary, expensive repair bill.

Trusted Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Jessa9 wrote:

@Jessa9 

Aren't those YouTube videos the best.  My husband is quite ill and has dementia.  Therefore, I am in charge of "fixing" and "buying."  I have found so many videos that kept things going, i.e., my washing machine, my refrigerator, my coffeemaker and how to do so many things around the house that I could not do and if I could not do them, I could get my faithful gardener to help based on videos.  I don't know how our mothers survived without YouTube to help them with their stoves, fridges and washers. 

They sure are...My husband's fix diversifying is super glue😁😁

Jessa
Honored Contributor

Congratulations!  You should be proud of yourself!  This why I love living in modern times!  Google had been a life changer for me.  A wealth of information with just a few keystrokes.  The same with YouTube.  I can't even count the number of videos that have taught me how to do things.  I learned how to trim my curly hair, how to do a perfect mani pedi, how to resize a watch band. I'm mechanically challenged and I learn best by seeing so whenever I buy something that has complicated instructions...which is everything now...I go right to YouTube where there are always videos.

Honored Contributor

I sure could had used your help ,a few weeks ago, there is a design   problem with this model.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.