Honored Contributor

I've had plenty to say about FedEx in the past, none of it good. Well I like to give credit where it's due, and this delivery service has been stellar during the pandemic. So many of my orders have come FedEx, and  the tracking has been up to date and the delivery on time. My biggest complaint was their inability to find my house ,  that problem has not occurred in months. There are so many shipping issues, I just wanted to give them their props.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I wish I could join in your praise, but I hate the service I've received from Fed Ex. Smashed boxes, broken and damaged merchandise, stuff left just dumped in the driveway exposed to the elements when I have a huge covered front porch just 10 paces from where they dump the stuff. And it's been like that the whole time we have lived here. 

But I'm glad you are getting good service. Every little good thing during these times is to be celebrated, for sure!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

FedEx is not my favorite carrier (to say the least) since they lost two passports and two Chinese visas, with only one month before our departure (happened 3 years ago but I'll never forget!!!!!). These items cost over $1000 and they stayed lost for 2 weeks (could have ruined a $3000 trip). They lost them in Ontario CA when the package fell off their system.  Someone picked it off the floor, slapped on a new label (without removing old label , causing major confusion) and delivered the package to someone in CA.  That person called, package was picked up (no one let us know!) and it continued for another week until it reached us.  I avoid Fed Ex whenever possible.

Honored Contributor

FedEx is pretty good where I live  in California, at least my service.   the cheaper fedex is slower than molasses in January  ...but most service is good.  I agree with one poster the tracking is great.  At least I can find out where things are.

sometimes I wonder why USPS even has tracking.  Lord knows they don't use it.  It tracks when and where the package takes off, after that it is c*** shoot  not just QVC, but all USPS tracking!    qvc is only responsible for sending and validating the send off.  

Honored Contributor

I give FedEx props for something that happened earlier this year. I needed to send some paperwork to my son in California from here in WA. Sent it on Thursday and paid $11 for delivery the following Tuesday. For $22 I could have had next day delivery but didn't need that.

The documents arrived the very next day! And I saved the price of Overnight Delivery! Just a one time thing I'm sure, but I was quite pleased.

Honored Contributor

My every FedEx contact has been a fiasco, lost packages, packages delivered to wrong address, including all my prescription medication, damaged merchandise.  I want nothing to do with them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

if i had to rank them......

1 - UPS

2 - FED EX

3 - USPS

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

At 6:30 this morning FedEx tracking indicated my package was loaded on the truck and out for delivery today. Its 11:22pm and no pkg. I am annoyed and a bit concerned. A couple pieces coming are irreplaceable. Not sure if I'll see the truck Saturday, tomorrow, or Monday. 

Coincidently,  my bff in FL and my sister, 50 miles north of me, both ordered from the same vendor and their pkgs arrived today. No bueno...

Esteemed Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

At 6:30 this morning FedEx tracking indicated my package was loaded on the truck and out for delivery today. Its 11:22pm and no pkg. I am annoyed and a bit concerned. A couple pieces coming are irreplaceable. Not sure if I'll see the truck Saturday, tomorrow, or Monday. 

Coincidently,  my bff in FL and my sister, 50 miles north of me, both ordered from the same vendor and their pkgs arrived today. No bueno...

That happened to me 4 days in a row. Every day it would say it was loaded on the truck and out for delivery and every day by the afternoon it would say due to some unforeseen situation your package has been delayed. When I call UPS they told me if the driver doesn't feel like delivering it he simply changes it to a later date. The one that got me was the message I got on the third day. It said my package was in Phoenix but delayed due to weather. Really? Weather delay in the middle of May in Arizona? Hot yes but it wasn't even that hot. I think in the 90's. What was to be delivered on Monday finally made it on Friday.

Honored Contributor

I've always had trouble with FedEx and during the pandemic, just as bad if not worse.  Twice in a row, FedEx delivered leaking and broken water bottle. Third time, I finally got it OK.  I didn't reorder from the same company either. I requested different ones through Amazon.  They just used FedEx (probably cheaper then UPS to the company)  I noticed more FedEx deliveries then UPS with companies. It got so bad trying to get Water, I requested one company (through Amazon) to deliver with UPS.  They refused. The majority of stuff I order through Amazon (that doesn't deliver by Amazon) seems to be FedEx.  I can't remember last time via UPS. FedEx was the company that lost my jeans I ordered from Shopbop.  They sent it to my address, two states over. It got tossed on the wrong delivery truck. 3 Days later it tossed on to my porch.  At the time, I was worried Shopbop would not believe me when I told them I didn't get it.