Honored Contributor

I got an email saying my package was delivered and on my porch. I looked no package. I called Fed Ex and they took my info and said they would call me back after they investigated. They actually did call back and got more information, ( the color of my house etc.) , well long story short in an hour my package was delivered.  This is not a big deal, but there are so many bad shipping experiences, I thought I would report a good one. 😻

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I had a few similar experiences...with UPS, too.  Called...both UPS and Fedex contacted the drivers.  I was told drivers marked them delivered, but hadn't delivered them yet. They were delivered within an hour or two.

I was thinking if they had deliveries in a neighborhood, they marked all of them delivered at the same time, then delivered them.

Respected Contributor

Glad it all worked out. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1.  Your experience is typical of my experiences with FedEx.  They seem to be incapable of reading addresses.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

I had a few similar experiences...with UPS, too.  Called...both UPS and Fedex contacted the drivers.  I was told drivers marked them delivered, but hadn't delivered them yet. They were delivered within an hour or two.

I was thinking if they had deliveries in a neighborhood, they marked all of them delivered at the same time, then delivered them.

At first I thought that might be the case, however I was notified twice. Once on the original shipping notice and then separately just to announce it was delivered. Thankfully the mistake was made right.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I had the same thing happen to me with UPS.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't call that a good experience.  It's obvious that the driver did not leave the package on your doorstep when he said he did.  He's was playing "work games", gaming the stats.  He was probably running behind schedule, he was confident that he was going to get to you, so he put in the system that he did.  He took a chance that you wouldn't see the text and until after he'd already left the package.  It hasn't happened in a while but I have had that experience with FEDEX and UPS.  They say it was delivered...it wasn't....but it was delivered later in the day.  

Trusted Contributor

I had a similar issue a couple of days ago. I received a text that an online order that I'd placed had been delivered. I checked outside my front door, no packages. I opened the e-mail that had been sent, which said the delivery was left outside my back door. I checked outside my back door, there were no packages.

I have a 6 foot high privacy fence around my back yard. In the past, I've had the same problem with other delivery companies. (UPS) Instead of bringing the packages into my back yard, the driver left them outside the fence, which I thought the FedEx driver might have done.

I checked outside the fence, sure enough, the 4  boxes were left outside the fence. (4 28 lb boxes of kitty litter) My whole purpose ordering online was so that I didn't have to lug those heavy boxes a distance to get them in my house. (heart patient with shortness of breath issues) 

I e-mailed the vendor immediately. The attitude was sorry, not our problem, which it isn't, but I wanted to let them know how their deliveries were being made. I got a $10 gift card for my "inconvenience,"  which isn't what I was after. I'll be going back to picking up my orders at the store in the future. 

Respected Contributor

I ordered from Walmart with 2-day shipping via Fedex.  They called while I was in the shower and said they couldn't figure out which building my apartment was in.  So I called back and gave the information early in the day.  They just decided to put it back in the sorting facility and deliver it the next day. IDIOTS!  No other shipper or food delivery person has ever had this issue, they are morons.  I think it's funny that a person whose only purpose in life is to deliver packates could not get this accomplished.

Trusted Contributor

FedEx and UPS both have their drivers' times down to minutes.  There is no "fudge" time built into their schedules.  No exceptions.  They cannot drive around looking for an unclear address or spend time chatting, etc.  They take the package back to their facility, the package gets additional details if necessary, and the package is redelivered the following day.