Trusted Contributor

I'm hoping someone can help me out as to what to do.  I am expecting an expensive blouse from a retailer I purchase from all the time.  I called to see where the package is and was told it was delivered, left at the front door on 8/23.  I never got a package on 8/23.  This is FedEx, not Smartpost.  I called FedEx and got the typical scripted response.  Now what do I do?  Anyone have this happen to them and if so, what did you do?  Thanks in advance.

Honored Contributor

Re: FedEx Delivered Where???

FedEx is famous for misdelivering packages.  They once delivered all of my prescription medication to the wrong address.  You need to contact CS with the merchant and report a non-receipt of a delivery.  They should reship another or credit your account. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Yeah either their drivers are morons or their GPS program was coded on the cheap.  Except for once with the USPS all my package woes over the past 14 years have been thanks to Fed Ex.  They usually delivered to a house with the same number as mine on the street behind me but sometimes they were seemingly randomly leave packages on doorsteps in my neighborhood.  I called almost every time and raised cane.  Usually I already had the package thanks to an honest neighbor.  But I have also called vendors to complain.  It got so bad I almost just decided to have stuff sent to my local Fedex Kinkos but why should I?  I get your frustration.  If the vendor doesn't help dispute it with your CC.

One thing I did do was sign up for Fedex Delivery Manager - look into that.  At least you can get emails saying to expect a package that day and when it was delivered.  That way I would immediately he screwed up.

Respected Contributor

Do you have a house on your street with a similar address? That has happened to me several times with FedEx. Try calling your local hub & ask them to speak with the driver to see if he remembers where he delivered your package. Hope it turns up soon.

Esteemed Contributor

Check around the house.  I had a package marked as delivered.  I didn't see it until the next day when I happened to look on the side of the porch.

Esteemed Contributor

In my case the original merchant used FedEx who handed it off to the postal service.  (That is what I was told).  In any case it was OUT FOR DELIVERY to my house.  Never got there.  It was sent back to the hub post office which delivered it.... BACK TO THE ORIGINAL MERCHANT.  Apparently someone did not know THE TRUE MEANING OF OUT FOR DELIVERY.  

I finally got the item.. too late to wear it at my intended event.  I hope in the future the merchant uses UPS.  

Honored Contributor

The merchant is paying the carrier, so they should contact fedex.  Let the company know, you didn't receive it.  I sent my nephew a gift a couple weeks ago.  It was shipped by the store via FedEx.  Similar to the q's bill to, ship to.  I saw it was stuck at my local FedEx depot due to wrong address.  It was going far from me, so it shouldn't have been at my local FedEx.  I called FedEx and explained the story.  I told them I thought the store used my zip code with my nephews address.  The guy gave me a hard time because I wasn't the shipper, but ended up listening to me and fixing the zip.

Trusted Contributor

My last FedEx delivery stopped in front of my neighbors. Luckily, I was home & the dogs alerted me so I got out there in time. I've also recently had a misdelivery with UPS, too. They need bar codes under the mail box to match up, or some thing invented, because humans make too many mistakes. Including hiring these drivers.

Trusted Contributor

Well, here's the update.  I received a call back from a lady in the "trace" dept at FedEx.  She told me she is confident they will get my package to me and to give it 48 business hours for a result.  I mentioned that if a neighbor had it they would have given it to me by now, and all she said was she didn't think a neighbor has the package.  So what does that mean?  Is it sitting on a truck somewhere?  Who knows.  Ugh.  There's nothing I can do about it now, anyway ~ I have to wait until end of business Tuesday.  It's so frustrating but at least someone got back to me and is aware and working on the issue.  Guess that's all I can ask for at the moment.

Honored Contributor

First, go online and register with FedEx and set up your delivery preferences.  For delivery, mine is set to deliver to my back door/deck.  

A couple of months ago, I went to fedex online and found their contact/email/complaint info.  I sent them a scathing email about wrong deliveries (mine to other homes) or mine just dumped on the front steps.  I explained that I have a neighbor who likes to steal and need them to take them to the back deck so they're out of sight.  I told them my online record is set up so deliveries go to the back deck.  They must have listened because my FedEx deliveries now go to the back.

I also registered online with UPS so they have my delivery preferences.  They're excellent about leaving things on the back deck.

When you register with either FedEx or UPS, you can also set it so you're notified that morning of a delivery.  That allows you to keep an eye out if you're home.