Valued Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

I'd say English, except England has its accents, too.  The Queen's English is my favorite. 

---

That's for sure!

My father, my husband, and most of my family are British.

Predominant dialect in my family is Geordie. The British folks here will know that, when spoken among friends, outsiders may question whether they are actually speaking English.

Respected Contributor

@Highlands72   I know what you mean when I am talking with my DD and DH here we talk a lot faster together and our American parts of family cannot understand a word we are saying.

Generally we speak lot slower otherwise we are not understood.  When I go home I have to stand in airport and just listen to get my ‘ear’ back in tune.

I have a Geordie pal here and we yak a mile a minute every time we meet up.

Honored Contributor

I find them all difficult to listen to for very long....but if I had to listen to one French is least difficult. 

Honored Contributor
People from Africa when they speak English. I love the "lilt." It's both beautiful and charming and for some reason makes me think of flowers when I hear it. 💐
Esteemed Contributor

i like Minnesota accents!

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

i like Minnesota accents!

So do I doncha know.  Ya',I married a Minnesotan.  

Trusted Contributor

Southern Accent

Irish Accent

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Favorite Accents?

[ Edited ]

I like when an Israeli speaks English (Hebrew language to English) --- it sounds a bit British..

Respected Contributor

The accent I would like to go back home with the real New York accent -  just really love to hear this ‘talk’.

Honored Contributor

I don't know that I have a favorite.  I've had lots of exposure to all sorts of accents.

My last job was with a multinational corporation.  Lots of people - from all over the world.  

My boss was from China

Two guys in the department were from Scotland

One guy was from India

One woman was from Australia

One woman was from India

One woman was from Puerto Rico

One of the other managers was from Chile

Prior job - also multinational corporation

My boss was from Hungary, and his boss was from Japan.  Many of our engineers were from Iraq.