Occasional Contributor

I just went to visit my Dad, he is a wonderfual Dad.

I am 59 and I am very lucky to have him.

I always have to remember this, he has alzheimers. He smiled at me and I told him

how much I love him and that he is a wonderful dad.

He is in a home for alzheimers patients and is well taken care.

I  believe in my heart, he knows who I am. I can tell by the way he looks at me.

Respected Contributor

Lost my dad very young, forty years ago. Fathers Day is sad for me.

Honored Contributor

@MaxsMom wrote:

I just went to visit my Dad, he is a wonderfual Dad.

I am 59 and I am very lucky to have him.

I always have to remember this, he has alzheimers. He smiled at me and I told him

how much I love him and that he is a wonderful dad.

He is in a home for alzheimers patients and is well taken care.

I  believe in my heart, he knows who I am. I can tell by the way he looks at me.

He knows.  He may not be able to show it, but he knows.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Occasional Contributor

Thank you Preds, in my heart I know he knows.

I try not to be sad, I just remember him the way that he was and that makes it

bearable. There are so many families dealing with loved ones with Alzheimers.

Respected Contributor

@Preds wrote:

My dad taught me so very much, but I just can't share it as well as everyone else had.  I just lost him in Feb and the "pain"is still raw.  I can say that he is/was the greatest man I every knew.  I am very blessed to have had him as a father, mentor, teacher, inspiration, debator, and friend. 

@Preds

big heart.png

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
I was the first girl born on my dad's side in 4 generations. After 4 sons he was ecstatic when I was born. He has always been my rock, my biggest fan and supporter. I am so proud to be his daughter and the mother of his grandsons.
Respected Contributor

@Preds wrote:

My dad taught me so very much, but I just can't share it as well as everyone else had.  I just lost him in Feb and the "pain"is still raw.  I can say that he is/was the greatest man I every knew.  I am very blessed to have had him as a father, mentor, teacher, inspiration, debator, and friend. 

@Preds It is so hard.  I wish you well but don't really have an wonderful words of wisdom.  I felt the same way about my father and miss him so very much.  It has been 3 years now since my father passed away.  Hang in there....it does get a little easier.  And just remember the wonderful legacy he left behind....You!  Heart

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *