Super Contributor

Have any of you used Fandango gift cards to purchase movie tickets? Do they work easily? I want to buy some for my kids for Christmas but I want to make sure they will be easy to use.

Contributor

Very easy to use but you will have a $2.50 surcharge for each card you buy.

Valued Contributor

For us, total confusion and we finally gave up on the card.

Super Contributor

Thank you for the info.

Respected Contributor

i just purchased a couple of Fandango gift cards for my son and his SO for stocking stuffers.  I don't think there will be an issue using them.  

Honored Contributor

I was going to but when I read many reviews about lots of problems and no answers from the non customer service, I drove to the theater 2 days in advance to buy tickets. Didn't want to take a chance.

And I didn't read about the $2.50 for each ticket but if I had that would have stopped me too.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I wouldnt give these to any elderly person, or someone who does not do a lot of transactions on the computer.  Never again.. If they gave to me free, i would never give these as gifts.  Jmho.  First of all you have to print tickets in advance.  If you are late, they are no good.  You have to go back and print another hard copy  what a racket.  I think they were fined and got into trouble, maybe some rules have relaxed but these cards are almost a scam

There is also a fee.  The kids gave one to my mom a couple years ago.  Movie theater would not take them. So my daughter took them back, and she had a hassle getting them.  You can use them at certain theaters, and even when you print them in advance you can only go certain times.  

We bought amc moviie gift cards and they were so easy!  No fee, no printing.  Just go to movie and hand in card!  

Super Contributor

Thank you I appreciate your input..I think you just saved my kids from a big hassle. 

Esteemed Contributor

My sister had nothing but trouble with those gift cards from Fandango....go to the theater and buy tickets...much easier and safer...

Honored Contributor

Fandango isn't my first choice because of the per ticket fee, but when I've been given a gift card as a gift, I've had no problems at all using it.

Before I leave the house I go to their site, buy the ticket, print it and off I go. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?