Trusted Contributor

As much as I love fall I'm still not ready for it to make it's arrival.    I love living in the season we are in and dislike pushing out the one we are in a month before we have finished with the one we are in...

Honored Contributor

Re: Fall is still a month away

But if you are buying things for the next season, a month isn't all that extreme. I'll be putting out fall decorations next week - our leaves are changing.

Respected Contributor

i do exactly what i want.    i expect others to do what they want.

isn't this obvious?

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Esteemed Contributor

Soon we will be into jacket season, cold mornings and

dark early evenings.

Only thing nice about fall are the pretty colored leaves.

Respected Contributor

@Junebug54 wrote:

As much as I love fall I'm still not ready for it to make it's arrival.    I love living in the season we are in and dislike pushing out the one we are in a month before we have finished with the one we are in...

You are right.

I know I should live in the now and embrace summer somehow.

I will be wishing for these warm sunny days when there is snow and ice on the ground.🙂

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Junebug54 wrote:

Normally, I'd very much agree with you @Junebug54. Time flies so quickly without our pushing it even faster. That said, where I live it seems like whereas we used to have four distinct seasons, we now have varying degrees of summer and winter... Our past two summers have been unpleasant... Last summer was very wet and this summer has been swamp-like, hot and humid... Winters have tended to be rather wimpy... I'd also add that while I used to really enjoy summer, I don't so much anymore... I really try to like summer, but I just don't... Maybe if the weather was a little less extreme... I have to admit I'm looking forward to what I'm hoping will be a nice long, cool, crisp fall, which is my favorite season for many reasons, replacing what has been a rather unpleasant summer...

Smiley Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

It has cooled down this past week in Chicago to high 70's which is actually very nice.  Fall will not be here until the 3rd week in Sept. sometime around the 21 or 22.  I will to watch the leaves change color.  I am lucky to have a tree in front of my apt. unit and the leaves turn a deep orange almost like an orange red.  It is so beautiful.  I like fall because I do not need the air conditioner on and my electric bill is $25 instead of $85.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1 Wow Kat you're lucky...our electric bill is way over a $100... I'd be happy to have one for $85.     

Super Contributor

DH is making plans to attend a college homecoming football game in Maine around the end of October. Looks like I will get to wear my fall/winter leather outfits/boots, etc. a bit early this year. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

It has cooled down this past week in Chicago to high 70's which is actually very nice.  Fall will not be here until the 3rd week in Sept. sometime around the 21 or 22.  I will to watch the leaves change color.  I am lucky to have a tree in front of my apt. unit and the leaves turn a deep orange almost like an orange red.  It is so beautiful.  I like fall because I do not need the air conditioner on and my electric bill is $25 instead of $85.

@Katcat1 

Sweet Home Chicago