Valued Contributor

After two years of not being able to do much due to illness, I am now 4 months post THR on my L hip and 9 months out from the R hip and able to do things again. This morning I decorated my mantel for fall. It feels sooooo good to have things back the way I like them. My fall decorations haven't seen the light of day for 2 years, but they are back as of today!  (Please don't look at my husband's Japanese swords...lol)

FallMantel16.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@BriggsiePeawiggle that's very cute and cheeful.  Puts my fireplace to shame,I just have a little Fall leaf swag above it.  You inspired me to step it up.  Continued good health to you.!

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Image result for nice job animated image

Honored Contributor

@BriggsiePeawiggle@meallen616@MoJoV

ITA GOOD JOB!

You must have been faithfully doing your prescribed PT and now you can start to enjoy life again! I'm happy for you!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Your mantel looks beautiful, and how great you get to really enjoy it this year! Having taught in Japan, I like your husband's Samurai swords too! I've seen some of these. They look like Katana to me, and some can be worth a lot of money. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Hi @BriggsiePeawiggle

Your mantel is very warm and inviting Smiley Happy

I don't know what your illness was, but that's a long time to suffer.  I sure hope you've fully recovered and I'm glad to read that you are able to get back to doing things you like!

Respected Contributor

Very cheerful, festive and bright!  Enjoy looking at it, especially during the evening when it glows and is its' happiest!

Esteemed Contributor

It's lovely. Thank you for sharing and blessings for your continued health.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

Aww...such simple pleasures after a rough time. I am thrilled you were able to decorate and enjoy your creativity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

@BriggsiePeawiggle wrote:

After two years of not being able to do much due to illness, I am now 4 months post THR on my L hip and 9 months out from the R hip and able to do things again. This morning I decorated my mantel for fall. It feels sooooo good to have things back the way I like them. My fall decorations haven't seen the light of day for 2 years, but they are back as of today!  (Please don't look at my husband's Japanese swords...lol)

FallMantel16.jpg

@BriggsiePeawiggle

It's awesome!  I am so glad that you were able to do that.  That's wonderful and I am so happy that you are doing well.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin