Honored Contributor

@Hot Street wrote:

No interest in Facebook.  I don't have an account and don't want to share personal things with the world.

I think a lot of social media invites bad people and the Internet has become such a breeding ground for crime and people with the sick minds.

Not all of it is bad as long as it's used wisely and with care.

People that give their every move online are inviting problems.

People who don't know what they're doing in a situation and get in too deep can have problems. People who know what they're doing rarely have social media problems. I've never had any and I've been on FB 5-6 years.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

Also, NEVER, EVER "click on" those movie posts!

What do you mean movie posts? I am trying to think of what those are but am drawing a blank. 

I am not friends nor have I liked any of the QVC hosts pages but I have gone on to a few and read the comments. There are some really strange people out there. You have those that are obsessed with the hosts and really cross the line asking crazy personal questions and then you have those that do not like the hosts and leave nasty and immature posts.  I don't understand why anyone would take the time to friend or "like" a persons FB page when they do not like them. When you dislike someone, yet make a concerted effort to keep up with their lives (following them on social media) you look like a jealous and envious little hater. It is just so stupid. 

The QVC host pages, and the pages of most people in the public eye, are public pages - no one needs to join FB or Like the person in order to look at/read their FB page, though you do need a FB account to post.

I didn't say that they did. I was commenting on why people who can't stand a host  (or any public person) go there and  leave hateful messages.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

What do you mean movie posts? I am trying to think of what those are but am drawing a blank. 

I am not friends nor have I liked any of the QVC hosts pages but I have gone on to a few and read the comments. There are some really strange people out there. You have those that are obsessed with the hosts and really cross the line asking crazy personal questions and then you have those that do not like the hosts and leave nasty and immature posts.  I don't understand why anyone would take the time to friend or "like" a persons FB page when they do not like them. When you dislike someone, yet make a concerted effort to keep up with their lives (following them on social media) you look like a jealous and envious little hater. It is just so stupid. 

The QVC host pages, and the pages of most people in the public eye, are public pages - no one needs to join FB or Like the person in order to look at/read their FB page, though you do need a FB account to post.

I didn't say that they did. I was commenting on why people who can't stand a host  (or any public person) go there and  leave hateful messages.

Your comment "I don't understand why anyone would take the time to friend or "like" a persons (sic) FB page when they do not  like them" certainly sounds like you think people have to Like someone in order to follow them or post.

The "you must be jealous" thing is so old...and so untrue. But yeah, so easy to whip out. Not to mention that "hateful" is overblown...and open to individual interpretation anyway.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@Hot Street wrote:

No interest in Facebook.  I don't have an account and don't want to share personal things with the world.

I think a lot of social media invites bad people and the Internet has become such a breeding ground for crime and people with the sick minds.

Never have had a facebook account.  Hopefully never will.  I know how to socialize in the real world and how to interact with real people, circumstances, situations.  I socialize with those I CHOOSE  to socialize with and the BS you get from social media is just that - why waiste your precious time on this planet reading and corresponding with BSr's. LIfe is just too short. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

I have a friend who wanted to get all our High School classmates together as 'friends'. It seemed like a good idea since we were going to have our 35th reunion. Found a few of the people I knew In HS were not the same as I remember them.....some had real issues. I found it best to just have people I really know as friends on FB...

Respected Contributor

Re: Facebrook Creeps

[ Edited ]

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@Hot Street wrote:

Never have had a facebook account.  Hopefully never will.  I know how to socialize in the real world and how to interact with real people, circumstances, situations.  I socialize with those I CHOOSE  to socialize with and the BS you get from social media is just that - why waiste your precious time on this planet reading and corresponding with BSr's. LIfe is just too short. 

@Puzzle Piece Isn't this community forum socializing and interacting outside "the real world"????  Do you consider this a waste of precious time?  Same thing as FB!

Trusted Contributor

I am on FB. I do not put on there my business of what I am doing. Some people put on everything down to what they had for lunch. I never post pictures of grandchildren never. You just don't know who is out there lurking. I see a lot of Royalty on FB. Fake if they were true Royals they would not be posting . You have to be so careful. 

Honored Contributor

It has been stated here many times - you can't go around friending strangers on facebook unless you are prepared for the worst. I only friend those who I know personally in real life and I actually am either friends with or related to. I never understood the friending total strangers and would never do it. 

My cousin and her husband have the polar opposite of my political POV and they go on & On on FB so recently I had enough and told her I was blocking her until after the election - she agreed it may be a good idea.

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

Your comment "I don't understand why anyone would take the time to friend or "like" a persons (sic) FB page when they do not  like them" certainly sounds like you think people have to Like someone in order to follow them or post.

The "you must be jealous" thing is so old...and so untrue. But yeah, so easy to whip out. Not to mention that "hateful" is overblown...and open to individual interpretation anyway.

Some people do take the time to like pages. It may be old but that doesn't make it not true. Those who can't stand a host yet stalk their social media definitely got something going on otherwise why waste your time? Sounds like I touched a nerve.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

Yes, it is amazing how many posters here think this is an intimate, private group.  Anything posted here is availabl to be read by anyone in the world.  No need to join just to read.