Trusted Contributor

First - if you don't "do" Facebook, pleeeeease don't post "dislike" messages. I don't want this to be a like vs dislike or use vs don't use discussion about FB. I'd just like some input. Thank you!! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

So.....I've noticed that so many women post what I consider "suggestive" or "provocative" pics on their pages. At least this is what happens with many of the folks I'm friends with on FB. It doesn't seem to matter their age, their marital status, their familial status, their jobs....it seems to run the gamut.

These pics are all selfies, taken with flirty looks, low cut tops, pouty lips, heavy makeup, tilted heads, etc. A woman friend of my son's (she's mid 40's with hubby and 3 kids) continually posts pic after pic of her with "come hither" looks and plenty of cleavage. She works in real estate!! She recently posted a shot of her in a bikini, lounging at some resort - with TONS of "girls" just spilling out.

I have other friends much younger (20's & 30's) and close to my age (mid 60's) who do this. One woman seems to take a new selfie almost everyday while in her car, getting ready to go to work.

I'm guess I'm becoming an old prude - I used to think I was pretty opened minded and figured people could & should be themselves. But I'm also old school modest enough to feel that people should keep this type of display of themselves between them and their partners/lovers/significant others.

Am I losing my grip on being a modern woman of the 21st century? {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Respected Contributor

I think maybe you just aren't as needy for the superficial approval of others

Honored Contributor

You haven't seen my pic! DD did it while my glasses were a little off and my hair was slicked back. No make-up and no excuses. It's all me. Next pic will be a Glam Shot!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor
I don't get the duck lip pose. Whatever...
Honored Contributor
On 2/24/2015 brii said: I don't get the duck lip pose. Whatever...
<center></center>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor
Lol. I like her hair.
Honored Contributor
On 2/24/2015 brii said: Lol. I like her hair.

You're right...I do too brii.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Super Contributor

ITA with the OP!

Honored Contributor

All of my grandnieces post selfies like that, and one has dialogue that wouldn't be suitable for Hustler magazine. It's too bad, because she is really beautiful and loved my sister (and my sister loved her). She has changed since my beloved sister died three and a half years ago.

Only one of my girls has a FB page and she posts only about Lyme and peaceful nature photos.

I have a FB page and post only family photos, mostly from the past, which everyone appreciates. Other than that, it's just "happy birthdays" or a short response to their post. I also get the newsfeed on Lyme.

I believe the day will come when social media sites are going to be disallowed as a threat to our country. That will not bother me at all. I think it's mostly a negative thing.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

I'm shaped like an immature boy--no cleavage here