Esteemed Contributor

@Ladybug837, her husband hasn't ever been on it. He had better sense that the rest of us.

Super Contributor

Oh, maybe she thinks lots of men use it to cheat. If your husband is trustworthy don't worry about it. 

Honored Contributor

I second the joint account.  If your friend posts stuff you aren't interested in, block her.

Trusted Contributor

I seriously HATE Facebook.  You are really going to regret opening that account!

I opened one, not even 2 years ago.  I reconnected with so many long lost family members and friends.  I thought it was wonderful.  Then I started seeing sides of some of these people that I never dreamed existed.  FB became a source of irritation for me.

I ended up shutting the whole thing down for a few months.  But, I have several out-of-state elderly family members who enjoyed seeing the pictures of the grandkids, and I was missing out on a few things myself.  So, I opened up a new account.  I put all of my security settings in place, just where I wanted them, and have a total of 8 FB friends.  That's it!  And, I warned those people that they will disappear if I see any "nastiness!"

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

I've had Facebook for years and years.  I've never regretted it.  It is what you make it to be.  For me it's a fun place to "visit" with my friends, see pictures of their families, trips, etc.

It's a place where I can read political posts and other things that might interest me.

I have several married men as friends.  They're my friends in real life.  Why wouldn't I have them as friends there?????

If I don't like the pattern of how/what someone posts or if they insult me personally for my beliefs, I unfriend them.  Easy.

Facebook doesn't have to be drama or angst filled.  I've read the original post a few times now and still don't reallly understand what the problem is.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh I agree. Facebook is my social life,lol... I am retired & home most of the time. I admin a few BTS (buy/sell/trade) groups. I have made quite a bit of money using these groups. I also keep 2 PRIVATE family groups, as well as a work group, & school class groups. It is so nice to be able to posts pics & news within these private groups, & keep in touch with people I would otherwise not be able to stay in contact with. 

** I also found my daughter, I had given up for adoption, via Facebook. THAT was worth more than I can ever explain.

Facebook has its good and bad, I will admit that. Two of my closest class friends had a horrible disagreement, all over a FB post. I can understand why some say it isn't for them.

Honored Contributor

I enjoy FB it lets me keep in touch with friends that I do not see day in and day out.

------

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I personally am not a fan of FB.I have a page but basically post nothing.I have absolutely no pictures posted or any personal info of myself at all. I started a page to be able to vote on American Idol.I also use it to enter contests etc.

A hand full of friends sent me friend requests,so not to be rude I accepted their invitations.I can't believe all the personal ,rude, & vindictive things that some of these people post!! My opinions of them have definitely changed.I recently unfollowed someone because her posts were outright disgusting & offensive!

My son is on FB but he's very careful about what he posts.He only comments about sports & general things about politics.He has only put up a couple of pictures.His friends basically put their entire lives out their for all to see!

This is only my opinion,but I don't understand why anybody would want to share their business with the universe!!

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I'm with those here who like Facebook. I have an account and DH has his own. I also have male friends and he has female friends. Facebook is what you make it. I like keeping up with friends and family and seeing current pictures. It makes it much easier to get the information I want others to know out there. Things I don't want people to know, I don't post. People need to use the brains they were given and some common sense.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Many of the married couples I know have one FB account that they share with both of their names and they sign their posts/comments with their initials so you know who is speaking.

That may be one way to avoid a lot of issues.

I see this as well and that is the oddest thing to me.  It just gives me a vibe of a non-trusting relationship. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Facebook question

[ Edited ]

Contrary to what some might think, not everybody puts their whole life on Facebook, and post everything that they do.

Facebook in and of itself is not the "evil" that some like to think that it is.

ETA: Not everyone acts "childish" on there either.