Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

It almost seems like as fast as I click on "remove" beside a request, another one appears.  Again, this just started recently.  (Thanks for those who are kind enough for responding.  I've always been reluctant to "do" Facebook, but was missing out on family stuff.  Now this.  I guess it's easy enough to "remove" the friend requests, but it's a pain!  Thanks everyone.

Change your password.  Maybe you've been hacked, maybe not.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter  Sounds like worth doing.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette- nah, it's not just you. I've gotten some bizarre ones lately. I just roll my eyes, decline them, mark them as spam and move on. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@KrimpetteJust think of it this way.

"Everyone is a friend of a friend!"!!!

Esteemed Contributor

You might need to change your privacy settings. You can control who sees and contacts you there.....I think that it is where the 'padlock' symbol is in the upper right hand corner...

Honored Contributor

I too get those friend request almost everyday. I just decline and mark spam.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Occasional Contributor

Facebook has an excellent help section. Here's the page, about blocking future friend's request.   

https://www.facebook.com/help/217125868312360/

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I know very little about Facebook, and mainly use it to see and comment on family photos.  I do, periodically, check on "Friend Requests".  In the past week or so, I seem to be inundated with "requests" from people from various foreign countries.  I have my "friend request" setting at "friends of friends".  The only other option is "everyone", which I had set originally until all this started.  But even though I changed the setting to "friends of friends", I seem to be getting more and more from these strangers.

Any suggestions?

you got some good advice

if I get "friend request" from some who couldn't possibly know me I block and mark as spam.

There also a page called Facebook Purity that you can add which will let you remove a lot of the junk from your feed as well. 

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette

I wonder if there is a glitch in Facebook--- a friend was complaining about this too....especially friend requests from outside the U.S and thse arent friends of friends per her settings either..........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt I just checked a few minutes ago, and there were at least a dozen or more, ostensibly from all over the world.  This is nuts!!!!   But I just keep deleting them.  I've already checked my settings and changed my password, so you're probably rights....a glitch with Facebook, perhaps.