Honored Contributor

Re: Facebook changes and new format

[ Edited ]

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

I'd prefer the classic style also but they switched me to the new look when I logged on this morning. I have no other choices. Bummer.

@ID2  Try clicking on the little down arrow in the upper right corner of the blue bar.  There may be an option to return to Classic mode.  

I use some apps to customize my FB experience, stretch out my newsfeed and get rid of the right-hand column and the new change will ruin that.  The one I use to eliminate a lot of the political posts has a person who continually works to update it becasue Facebook is continually making changes that override his app.  What does that tell you?  FB doesn't care anything about what the customer wants.  

@Icegoddess Is that Social Fixer?  I hope he can come up with an update to be able to hide posts based on key words.

@CelticCrafter  Yes.  There is a group for users if you aren't a member already.  There is also a group for members of that group for anything not specifically Social Fixer called SFX off-topic, but I think you have to be a member of Social Fixer User Support to join that goup.  Currently, Social Fixer does not work with the new version.  They will notify in that group when a new version becomes available that will work with it.  

Respected Contributor

I don't like the changes but am sure I'll get used to them.

Trusted Contributor

They switched mine a week ago, I hate it, I still haven't gotten used to it.  Another upgrade that is not necessarily an upgrade UGH

Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan of it.

Esteemed Contributor

I went to my facebook and switched to the new version and then promptly switched back to classic.  There seemed to be A LOT of wasted space on the new version from what I recall.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have had the changes and updated look there for about 2 months. I didnt like it a first but once I got used to it I do like alot. I had the option to go back to the original but dont know if they still have it.  No one likes change very much but I just went with it and now I like it even better.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

It is a waste of time to comlain about it because it changes nothing except makes you unhappy.  With technology and especially the internet change is a matter of fact.

I have worked with and in it since 1983.  There is always a new operating system, always a new design, always will have new features.  You can't stop either because you will be so far behind you will never catch up.

My advice from a long career, lots of crying and adjusting is: Learn some "dirty" words that are acceptable to you and carry on, looking for any things you like and enjoy.  Go forward with hope and courage.

It ain't gonna change except that and accept that CHANGE is always just around the corner.

Didn't say I like it, just saying that's what is going to happen.  One way or the other. 

I'm waiting for the QVC forums to change again should be about that time like going into the grocery and they have redid the whole store

LOL

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

It is a waste of time to comlain about it because it changes nothing except makes you unhappy.  With technology and especially the internet change is a matter of fact.

I have worked with and in it since 1983.  There is always a new operating system, always a new design, always will have new features.  You can't stop either because you will be so far behind you will never catch up.

My advice from a long career, lots of crying and adjusting is: Learn some "dirty" words that are acceptable to you and carry on, looking for any things you like and enjoy.  Go forward with hope and courage.

It ain't gonna change except that and accept that CHANGE is always just around the corner.

Didn't say I like it, just saying that's what is going to happen.  One way or the other. 

I'm waiting for the QVC forums to change again should be about that time like going into the grocery and they have redid the whole store

LOL

@SharkE I hate it when that happens.  

Respected Contributor

I think the "Classic" version of Facebook will be going away in Sept.  I hate the new format, too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

According to news articles, and also their notice on Facebook itself, as others mentioned the change will be permanent sometime in September (I don't see an exact date).   

I've been switching to the new version (using the down arrow, upper right corner, where we can find the drop-down menu with settings, etc.), walking around in it for a while.

But then I return to the classic version (also using the same drop-down menu).   I'm not committed to it yet.🤔😉

It's very different.  For that reason, others might want to take a minute now and then to travel through it and get a sense of what's on the horizon.

Change doesn't bother me, guess I'm accustomed to it, sometimes I welcome it, but when it's inevitable I try to find a way to embrace it.   I think the detective in me, and all the IT troubleshooting experience, helps me look at it from a different perspective...  a challenge, a puzzle, to solve.😊

I don't particularly like the appearance of the new look, and I don't want to plunge into it completely until there's no choice.   I figure by dipping my toes into it now...   when a permanent change takes place and I'm fully immersed I'll be familiar enough with the look and the layout to feel comfortable.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova