Esteemed Contributor

@joann1218  I'm not sure they could make the specific kind required by first responders and hospital personnel, but today we all need masks. Maybe they could make masks for general use. My family was making due with bandannas, but a wonderful neighbor with great sewing skills is making homemade masks for lots of people. My son wore one of her masks to work today, and now all his co-workers want one. She has had to stop for lack of elastic. The only good elastic I have in our house is in my new underwear Smiley Embarassed 

Trusted Contributor

@joann1218   Well, since most of the clothes sold on Q- from any designer-are made in China, that might cause a problem.

Honored Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

When wearing a face mask there's no need for makeup!

Make up your eyes only and you're good to go. Smiley Wink

99 Bacterial Efficient Fun Surgical Mask Lush by ModernEyesDesign Funny Face Mask, Diy Face Mask, Face Masks, Pants Pattern, Pattern Sewing, Dental Humor, Mouth Mask, Diy Scrub, Scrub Hats

Notice the mole? 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

Hi everyone!  Does anyone know where or shall I say can anyone suggest a good site where to purchase a decent mask?  Thanks

No thought is worth thinking.....
Honored Contributor

@bunjetto wrote:

Hi everyone!  Does anyone know where or shall I say can anyone suggest a good site where to purchase a decent mask?  Thanks

Etsy sells the cloth masks. Lots of sellers and styles to choose from. And you're supporting small business. I received a set from an Etsy seller today, very happy with the masks. All you need is a good cloth mask that covers your mouth and nose completely.

Remember the mask is to protect others from you, not vice versa. Before I had masks I used scarves for when I went out for a walk. Until you get a mask you can use a scarf or a bandana.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

@bunjetto wrote:

@bunjetto  Etsy.  

Just for the heck of it, I looked at them Saturday they were between $10-16.  At the time I thought that was kind of a lot, then I made one for myself and one for my husband.  It was the most un-fun sewing project I ever did but now we have them.  

Frequent Contributor

Mike Libdell-My Pillow Guy-is making Medical grade PPEs

Esteemed Contributor

Where are they going to make them? Overseas? The My Pillow owner has turned his Minnesota production factory from pillows to face masks....that's how we Americans do it!

Respected Contributor

I found this on youtube.com today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r2C1zGUHbU

Very easy to make a mask using a bandana.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

I was surprised when i went to get veggies, that many had  the type that has what i would call a little round vent, some home made,some of the blue ones we use to see in doctor offices,drug stores.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.