Regular Contributor

Wouldn't it be nice if the QVC fashion designers during these difficult times made and donated face masks to hospitals, police and all other emergency personnel. I know there is a fashion designer by the name of Christian Siriano who is making face mask amid the shortages and donating where they are needed. So come on Susan Graver, Issac Mizrahi, Lori Goldstein, Renee Greenspan and all the others. I am calling on you to step up and help all the people who are putting their lives in danger. 

Honored Contributor

The type of masks designer would make are not the type worn by people who put their lives in danger.  They are a specialty product.  Nice sentiment but not practical.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Would be a nice and generous thing to do.  These brands belong to Qurate

Honored Contributor

Maybe they are, maybe they aren't.  If they are it's possible they don't feel the need to advertise it to the world, look at me, look at what I'm doing...

Respected Contributor

Oh, good grief.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafterI agree we really have no idea who does and who does not donate  -  that's true all the time, imo.

One good reason for the donors to tell is that there is more than a little bit of "keeping up with the Jones" in the world of those who have the wherewithal to make donations, so what might seem to be bragging can also inspire others to donate.

On the other hand, am I alone is not really knowing which companies are flush with cash in this mess we're in, which companies are desperately trying to pay their employees even though revenue is down, etc.?  

I have a firm belief that those who are strong (physically, financially, enotionally) have some obligation to be generou beyond their own tiny circle, but I also believe outasiders often don't really know who fits into which categories.  

Frequent Contributor

I wish they would make them & sell them to us. Face masks may be around for a while

Regular Contributor

I was just wondering. I hear on the news about how  there is a serious shortage. I live in the New York area and we are in dire need.  No need for your snarky response.  

Honored Contributor

@dylanfan wrote:

I wish they would make them & sell them to us. Face masks may be around for a while

I think after THIS it might be my everyday going shopping attire.....the NEW norm.

Respected Contributor

When wearing a face mask there's no need for makeup!

Make up your eyes only and you're good to go. Smiley Wink