Honored Contributor

Re: FOUNTAIN PENS! Do you use, love or collect them?

[ Edited ]

@raven-blackbird wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@raven-blackbird wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

I use to only buy Peacock Blue ink cartridges. Haven't thought of that in ages!!

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH to this day I loved that color LOL................raven

@raven-blackbird

@qualitygal

I possibly should not mention this but Pelikan pens has a new transparent fountain pen in AQUAMARINE and INK too!  The INK is beautiful.  It has a green/blue cast.

@Sooner  OHHHHHHHHHHHHH BUDDY I will have to hunt it down..........that blue/green ink is just so darn pretty, love it...............thank you for the heads up..........................................raven

@raven-blackbird  Lots of online retail places have the pen, the ink or the set.  LOL!!!!  Last year there was an amethyst set. . . just saying. . . (I am evil aren't I?  LOL!!!!) I just saw these recently. . .

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@raven-blackbird wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@raven-blackbird wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

I use to only buy Peacock Blue ink cartridges. Haven't thought of that in ages!!

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH to this day I loved that color LOL................raven

@raven-blackbird

@qualitygal

I possibly should not mention this but Pelikan pens has a new transparent fountain pen in AQUAMARINE and INK too!  The INK is beautiful.  It has a green/blue cast.

@Sooner  OHHHHHHHHHHHHH BUDDY I will have to hunt it down..........that blue/green ink is just so darn pretty, love it...............thank you for the heads up..........................................raven

@raven-blackbird  Lots of online retail places have the pen, the ink or the set.  LOL!!!!  Last year there was an amethyst set. . . just saying. . . (I am evil aren't I?  LOL!!!!) I just saw these recently. . .

@Sooner  oooooooooooooooooooooo an amethyst set..........you ARE evil LOL................now I want that one..........gotta go make friends with Google LOL....................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

HERE'S A HINT ABOUT MESSY FILLING THE PEN:  Don't fill it with ink!  Just dip a clean nib IN the ink and write!  Most pens will write quite a while then you dip the nib again.  That makes it really easy to use different ink colors with the same pen.  Just wipe the nib off or run water over it briefly and dry after you finish.  Princess Diana's butler said this was what she did . . . It works great for a signature or quick note!

They make the most beautiful pens and inks today and they really are fun.  I'd think scrapbook lovers would LOVE having all the pens and nibs--broad, script, fine, italic, etc. etc.

If you have an interest, take a look at Colorado Pen, Pen Chalet, and many other sellers online.  The inks they have now are beautiful.  AND THERE ARE PENS THAT USE CARTRIDGES you know!  No messy ink to fill with!

This kind of reminds me of what I just saw when I watched the Christmas Carol. Ebeneezer Scrooge just dipped his quill pen into the ink and wrote. Woman Wink Glad to hear it works with fountain pens too!

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

@Brinklii wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

HERE'S A HINT ABOUT MESSY FILLING THE PEN:  Don't fill it with ink!  Just dip a clean nib IN the ink and write!  Most pens will write quite a while then you dip the nib again.  That makes it really easy to use different ink colors with the same pen.  Just wipe the nib off or run water over it briefly and dry after you finish.  Princess Diana's butler said this was what she did . . . It works great for a signature or quick note!

They make the most beautiful pens and inks today and they really are fun.  I'd think scrapbook lovers would LOVE having all the pens and nibs--broad, script, fine, italic, etc. etc.

If you have an interest, take a look at Colorado Pen, Pen Chalet, and many other sellers online.  The inks they have now are beautiful.  AND THERE ARE PENS THAT USE CARTRIDGES you know!  No messy ink to fill with!

This kind of reminds me of what I just saw when I watched the Christmas Carol. Ebeneezer Scrooge just dipped his quill pen into the ink and wrote. Woman Wink Glad to hear it works with fountain pens too!

@Yardlie  When I read that I thought WHY didn't I think of that?  It works great and you can use different colors of ink without filling anything up and messing around.  Just clean the nib when you are finished!  And, if it was good enough for Princess Diana. . . I have seen so many pictures of sweet thank you notes she sent.  

Esteemed Contributor

Oh @qualitygal@raven-blackbird, that's the first thing I thought of when I started to read about fountain pens - that beautiful peacock blue ink. I remember buying ink cartridges, always peacock blue. I think maybe I was in Jr. High school at the time. Now I have the urge to buy a fountain pen and some peacock blue ink lol. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

Oh @qualitygal@raven-blackbird, that's the first thing I thought of when I started to read about fountain pens - that beautiful peacock blue ink. I remember buying ink cartridges, always peacock blue. I think maybe I was in Jr. High school at the time. Now I have the urge to buy a fountain pen and some peacock blue ink lol. 

Pelikan has out that Aquamarine pen and ink now.  The ink is expensive, but it is a beautiful blue green, maybe almost more green than blue.  But if you start looking there are the most beautiful shades of blues in inks!  Makes me want them all.

I had some turquoise Scripto cheap pens in grade school.  It was my "signature" color in the 4th, 5th and 6th grades. . . LOL!!!