Honored Contributor

Our local noon news reported that Fiat Chrysler has one of it's plants producing N95 masks. 

Respected Contributor

@FloridaGold wrote:

Except..and according to Gov Como..it will take toooooo long..6 months..he said it would be to late to help the current situation.

I do applaud the effort for future stockpiles.

______________________________________________---

@FloridaGold,  I didn't hear the statement, but I know health care officials know that it does take quite some time to make mechanical ventilators.  They are very complex machines that keep people breathing with lots of very sosphicated computerized components.  I would think at the very least it would take quite a bit of effort and time to even retool an assembly line and then train your line assembly personnel  before they could even get started.  

GE makes ventilators in Wisconsin, there is another type of manufacturer of ventilators in the mid-west somewhere.  Both companies are increasing their production and can't meet demand even though they already manufacture ventilators.   We use quite a few Medtronic ventilators in my area and those are made in Ireland.  

Another problem is there are another 49 governors bidding for those same ventilators with no national protocols of who is going to get how many or how the decisions are to be made.  They need to work that out as well. 

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Respected Contributor

Just heard a statement from the CEO of Ford Motor Co.  that by the middle of May they could start production of ventilators.

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

During the World War I, Henry Ford opened a new plant to help build tractors for England because Germany was blocking England's food supply.

The plant employed 4,000 workers. Finding enough housing for the employees was a problem. So Ford had employees build houses for Ford employees. Henry Ford did not want his name to be associated with the houses. The houses were to be affordable and made with the best material.

My Aunt and Uncle bought one of the Historic Houses. And several years later my Grandparents bought the house next door. We visited every year and have many fond memories of our summers in the houses.

When my Grandmother died we came back to her house from the funeral. I remember the phone constantly ringing from real estate agents wanting to list the house.

Doesn't surprise me that Ford Motor Company is thinking outside the "box".

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@pitdakota 

Thank you for your information about Ford.  I wondered what their output was to date.

Sad that our states are all having to bid against one another, and FEMA to get Medical Supplies.

Something I never thought to see.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@pitdakota 

Thank you for your information about Ford.  I wondered what their output was to date.

Sad that our states are all having to bid against one another, and FEMA to get Medical Supplies.

Something I never thought to see.

So sad for the UNITED States of America where states have to bid against the federal government for life saving supplies.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

According to the news a couple hours ago, the deal went south completely, but maybe it's back on.