Trusted Contributor

Re: FOR MY QVC TRAVELING FRIENDS PLEASE READ

[ Edited ]

I just spoke with my late husband's sister.  He was an international pilot back in the 80's living abroad.  

Well so much for wearing a small crossbody bag.  She was going over to visit him and they cut the strap off the bag right in the airport check in line.

I believe this is still better as she didn't have much room for carrying as much as I did.  My tote was not big - it was structured with middle zipper.  My problem is I took my eye off the eye ball for a nano second.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pink123 wrote:

I just spoke with my late husband's sister.  He was an international pilot back in the 80's living abroad.  

Well so much for wearing a small crossbody bag.  She was going over to visit him and they cut the strap off the bag right in the airport check in line.

I believe this is still better as she didn't have much room for carrying as much as I did.  My tote was not big - it was structured with middle zipper.  My problem is I took my eye off the eye ball for a nano second.

@Pink123  I was wondering why someone mentioned a cross body bag. That's the easiest thing to cut. It's even easier than cutting an over the shoulder bag. Some people would wear the cross body bag under their clothes even though it might look like you are 6 months pregnant.

My sister and her husband just came back from a 10 day vacation to Italy and so far everything went well. They were a little surprised that most of their meals involved pork and they don't eat pork.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pink123  when I travel, I take (2) seven days pill holders and keep them in my pocketbook. The bottles go in my check in luggage. If you can take three, that's 21 days and that's even better. If you need morning and night, get those.

Esteemed Contributor

I always worry when I travel that something will happen. I carefully mark our suitcases with outrageous designs.  I put important documents inside my clothing.  I duplicate everything.  I never stop watching what I carry or wear.  Paranoid and not fun expecting the worst when the vacation was meant to help us relax and have fun.  

I guess this comes from the fact my mother was once physically attacked long ago when she traveled. She was knocked down and her jewelry was taken from her as well as her purse carrying important documents. 

Sorry for your experience and sorry you have seen the worst in someone. But on the brighter side you are ready to travel again and have better luck now that you will ever be more aware.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pink123 wrote:

@Pink123  please do not put your luggage behind you. It goes infront of you while you hold on to the straps.

You know what, my luggage would be on the counter no matter how large.

Highlighted
Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@Pink123 wrote:

@Pink123  please do not put your luggage behind you. It goes infront of you while you hold on to the straps.

You know what, my luggage would be on the counter no matter how large.

VERY good advice @Sage04.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been off for a week because my computer broke and new one just arrived.  The luck is just not changing.

I just wanted to let you all know about my cell phone situation.  When we went to buy the new phone I brought my passport for ID as the license was in my handbag.  

They put me on a pre-paid plan for one month and said when I got my license I would be put on a regular Verizon plan.  I went back 2 days ago with my new license.

Guess what?  I am still considered a  "fraud" and they will only keep me on as pre-paid month to month basis.  They didn't like that I only had a passport. (I paid off the 900.00 phone in cash too)  Are they serious???  I have excellent credit and have been a taxpayer all my life.

Yet I'm the "fraud". 

Just wanted to keep you up to date. Bummer. I'm exhausted with all of this but will find another carrier in awhile.