Trusted Contributor

Re: FINALLY HAD A HAIRDRESSER APPOINTMENT

I am so jealous!  My hairdresser keeps postponing when she's coming back; now it's August 1.  I guess I can wait.  Never realized how long my hair would be; well, it makes a good ponytail.  I can't wait to go back; desperately need color, too!

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Respected Contributor

@roster wrote:

@kittykatkay wrote:

@roster wrote:

"Frosted"? Is that still a word use in hair salons in 2020?

@roster...well, that is what I still call it.  WHY???? Does that OFFEND YOU? 

Wow! So nasty after your rave about "Feel like a Woman".

I only asked if I offended you by using the word, "frosted".  You were not nice in claiming it was 2020 and was that word even used in hair salons, like it was a dinosaur.  

To each his own.  

Super Contributor

Sure jlp2. Not in Silicon Valley or San Francisco. Closed!

Respected Contributor

@kutira wrote:

I am so jealous!  My hairdresser keeps postponing when she's coming back; now it's August 1.  I guess I can wait.  Never realized how long my hair would be; well, it makes a good ponytail.  I can't wait to go back; desperately need color, too!

@kutira...hang in there.  It won't be long.  and you will look MARVELOUS when it's all done.  YAY

Contributor

@roster wrote:

BTW: Not all of California is open. Smaller towns, cities. Not major ones.

Read your own words -

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I guess it's all about priorities. I'm not celebrating openings right now. This virus is alive and quite heathly.

ETA: I'm honestly not judging others and am happy for what seems like your positive experiences.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@roster wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@roster   Yes, frosted is a term that is still used.  It is different than highlighting.  Frosting creates more contrast between the colors.

Maybe similar to Balayage?

@roster wrote:to

@Carmie wrote:

@roster   Yes, frosted is a term that is still used.  It is different than highlighting.  Frosting creates more contrast between the colors.

Maybe similar to Balayage?

No, that's a completely different animal.  Balayage is a technique used to make a color fade into another. It creates a subtle soft color tones.

Honored Contributor

I went this past Friday for a much needed haircut.  All rules and social distancing were followed.  The front of the salon no longer had seating and they are distancing their customer appointments.  As long as guidelines are followed, I feel relatively safe.  

I love my short hair cut!!!!!!!

Super Contributor

I don't consider San Francisco Bay Area to be small town or city jlp2.

If this is just a nasty remark, get over yourself.

Respected Contributor

@spiderw....I feel relatively safe too as long as guidelines are followed.  Congrats on your haircut!  It does feel good after weeks and weeks of waiting.