Respected Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

I have seen quite a few "negative" posts about hosts and vendors on this forum. Glad to see that the moderators remove some that are too argumentative and or unkind. What do people hope to accomplish with giving negative opinions about the hosts and vendors? Do poeple really spend time worrying and obsessing about people that they don't know,  have never met and have no impact on their lives? Negative reviews of products are allowed. What more needs to be said?

Yes, they most certainly do. Not only QVC sales people, but other people in the public eye as well. Just read some of the threads about the British royal family! 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ShowMe wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I’m a member of QVC Addicts. I think you’ll like it.

@NicksmomESQ.....isn't this the group where they tear QVC posters apart....?????  Have heard about it, and they can be pretty nasty.  If they don't like you, look out.....  Understand they can block you from reading all the posts on there.  Only letting certain folks in on what they are saying.  This has been going on for a long time.  If that's what some folks like, yes you might enjoy it.

@ShowMe.  There is another board like that, privately operated.  I disassociated myself with them shortly after joining.  They're very political in a direction in which I don't agree.

Me too.  

Some posters here are talking about FB groups, and others are talking about websites that have nothing to do with FB.  And that caused a lot of confusion.  The OP was asking about FB groups, not independent websites/forums.

Exactly!

Reading this thread from start to finish was like a reboot of "who's on first".   😁

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

So before we recommend a FB group to the Original Poster,

would her/his ‘truthful discussion’ about QVC people/things

be acceptable?  Or would they be removed & banned?

- Who draws that line in the sand as to what is acceptable?

- Does that line move with established posters?

- If their rules are exactly like the rules on this forum,

what is the difference?

all of these groups have administrators and moderators. most of the groups also have RULES posted. they try to be vigilant about removing people who break those rules, especially ones that do it continuously, even after being warned.

the rules are not necessarily the same rules that apply to these forums.

some of these groups have vendors and owners of the brands sold, they do giveaways, they answer questions, they provide sneak peeks.

best way to try them out......request to join, read the rules, watch what others are saying and discussing. you will quickly find out if the group is for you or not.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Another vote for QVC addicts.

Esteemed Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ShowMe wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I’m a member of QVC Addicts. I think you’ll like it.

@NicksmomESQ.....isn't this the group where they tear QVC posters apart....?????  Have heard about it, and they can be pretty nasty.  If they don't like you, look out.....  Understand they can block you from reading all the posts on there.  Only letting certain folks in on what they are saying.  This has been going on for a long time.  If that's what some folks like, yes you might enjoy it.

@ShowMe.  There is another board like that, privately operated.  I disassociated myself with them shortly after joining.  They're very political in a direction in which I don't agree.

Me too.  

Some posters here are talking about FB groups, and others are talking about websites that have nothing to do with FB.  And that caused a lot of confusion.  The OP was asking about FB groups, not independent websites/forums.

Exactly!

Reading this thread from start to finish was like a reboot of "who's on first".   😁

Reading comprehension is everything!  :-)

And some were much too quick to be critical and dismissive of particular websites and FB pages simply because they heard something somewhere about some QVC-related forum somewhere on the internet. 

There's a lot out there.  It's always better to reserve judgment rather than malign forums that are actually very pleasant.

(I'm not referring to posters who misunderstood or made an honest mistake, but rather those who jumped to their own negative conclusions and ran with it.)

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

So before we recommend a FB group to the Original Poster,

would her/his ‘truthful discussion’ about QVC people/things

be acceptable?  Or would they be removed & banned?

- Who draws that line in the sand as to what is acceptable?

- Does that line move with established posters?

- If their rules are exactly like the rules on this forum,

what is the difference?

I've personally never been on a forum of any kind that is as strict as this one, so I doubt the rules would be exactly the same elsewhere.  (And if they are, then that particular forum would not be what the OP is looking for.)

Open discussion is pretty common, with some basic rules that everyone agrees to follow.  Rules vary, and they're stated upfront.  Being an established poster makes no difference.  

I don't think it would be at all difficult to find what the OP is looking for.