Esteemed Contributor

How do i close my FB account....my sister sends me jokes etc and somehow I now have all sorts of ugly stuff on my page...I never go to FB....till today and discovered it....its embarassing to see all that on my page....so i just want the account closed but i can't find how to do it...please help....and be specific...as i am not good with stuff like that...thank you....

Honored Contributor

Detailed info right on FB website:

Deactivating & Deleting Accounts

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Or you can just block your sister 😄

Respected Contributor

You can unfollow her, too.   It's super easy to delete your account and then start up again, if you choose.  I've done it a few times.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Detailed info right on FB website:

Deactivating & Deleting Accounts

First i want to appologize for taking so long to get back here....and I want to thank you for the link to FB....i had been on there before i sent out for help and could not find where to go...(i stink when it comes to finding my way around internet things...lol)...

I have deactivated my account...and it said i have 14 days to change my mind....if i go back will it have erased all the junk thats on there now...

I hope so....thanks again for your help...i really appreciate it...

Esteemed Contributor

Reba055 and QGirl2....I dearly love my sister...and I enjoy the videos that she sends...but she works off her computer and her sons...and I am sure some of the smut came from his friends on FB....the videos are all clean cute kitties...babies...doggies...political things....which i like....and they all come to my e-mail...not FB....but when i went to FB today...I rarely ever go over there...i seen all this other c r a p...on my page and i was so ashamed..not knowing how many others might have seen it and think those are friends of mine....

I don't even understand how they showed up there...I thought what she sent me was it....it never occured to me to check FB..

I don't want to unfriend her....nor block her...as you can see I do look forward to the nice things she sends to me on e-mail...

I just didn't know that the things that landed on my FB page was going to be the repercussion....

Honored Contributor

If your sister sends the jokes to you on e-mail they can't possibly have any connection to your Facebook account.  Also, are you sure that the bad stuff you're seeing is on your page and not just your home page?  Your personal page is the one where you click on your actual name, not where it says home.  Home is where you are when you first sign on to Facebook, but it's not what other people would see associated with your page.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

If your sister sends the jokes to you on e-mail they can't possibly have any connection to your Facebook account.  Also, are you sure that the bad stuff you're seeing is on your page and not just your home page?  Your personal page is the one where you click on your actual name, not where it says home.  Home is where you are when you first sign on to Facebook, but it's not what other people would see associated with your page.  

You know i am not sure ....all I know is that stuff wasn't on my FB before she started sending me the videos....and those come from her FB...I am not sure how or what she does to send them to me....as I don't understand any of that type thing...she gets them off other peoples pages maybe.....i am just not sure...sorry....

She plays Pogo and Cafe World...not sure if that has anything to do with it...

Respected Contributor

I doubt others are seeing what you are seeing when they call up your page.  Ask one of your "friends" to tell you.  You can make your page as private as you want, as to what others see.  I don't approve every friend request I get either.  If I don't personally know them, they don't go on my friend's list.

Honored Contributor

Circles you can prevent people from posting on your timeline, go through your friends list to delete anyone you don;t want as a friend and also delete your newsfeed. If you do decode to reactivate your account then you'll have better control over it.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson